Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    That looks pretty good! 3M vinyl product similar to DiNoc?
    I'm not sure, but i'm a big fan of 3M products. I think I remember reading that the DiNoc stuff is heavier. I went with flat black to minimize the possibility of surface irregularities showing through, but you have your choice of many colors and surface types. Beats me why BMW doesn't go this route to begin with--looks better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoned1 View Post
    I'm not sure, but i'm a big fan of 3M products. I think I remember reading that the DiNoc stuff is heavier. I went with flat black to minimize the possibility of surface irregularities showing through, but you have your choice of many colors and surface types. Beats me why BMW doesn't go this route to begin with--looks better IMO.
    Another reason to stay with a flat color is that you don't want the sun reflecting off the pillars and onto the windshield or into your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Mine was like that until I just pulled the fabric off. The base material is like a black felt, so it blends good enough with the headliner that I don't even notice, and surely no one else does.
    I know a lot of people have done that but I want to fix them right plus, the wife says she will help me
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I was staring at my floppy A-pillars for most of a 3 hour drive yesterday (well, I did look at the road some, ).
    I got to wondering if thin, sticky, double sided tape would be a good alternative to gluing.
    Has anyone tried it or heard of anyone trying it?

Also, any tip to getting the bolt cover strip of without breaking it?
    I managed to break the drivers side when I started investigating.

05 ZHP Sedan, auto, Orientblau, natural brown

I believe the consensus is that getting them off without breaking them is impossible, and I can attest to that.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

^that sux...
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoned1 View Post
    I believe the consensus is that getting them off without breaking them is impossible, and I can attest to that.
    my success rate is about 75%. i've done about 10 or so. patience is key, and use a small pick tool or flathead machine screwdriver to get under the end.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I didn't know they were that fragile but my car was only three years old last time I removed them
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I just bought a bunch of tabs/clips for the rest of the pillars for when I tackle this project. I am going to get my windows re-tinted first. Maybe I'll just ask the guys to leave those pillars off, making less work for everyone
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.

Scheduled my tint appointment and apparently they do not remove any panels in the process? I am a little skeptical, so I will confirm again when I am there...
    But I had my B-pillar off recently, and decided to touch it up with some adhesive spray. The spray leaked through the fabric, making it look like i spread my seed all over it. I got rid of it for the most part with adhesive remover spray. Any tips on how to avoid the adhesive bleeding through the fabric?

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    Scheduled my tint appointment and apparently they do not remove any panels in the process? I am a little skeptical, so I will confirm again when I am there...
    But I had my B-pillar off recently, and decided to touch it up with some adhesive spray. The spray leaked through the fabric, making it look like i spread my seed all over it. I got rid of it for the most part with adhesive remover spray. Any tips on how to avoid the adhesive bleeding through the fabric?
    Ahh sorry bruh I meant to respond when I saw your post a few days ago that they definitely would not pull any of the pillars to install tint. It's not even a little bit necessary.

I haven't done the recovering myself but I think the best defense against bleed through is [obviously] going light on the adhesive and giving it a few minutes to talk up before laying the fabric over it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast