Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ANyone with a Touring and PASoft that can screen shot LCM coding screen?

2000 323i wagon has an old LCM that im replacing with a DYN 3.56 unit. it works and ive coded VIn and mileage but the tail lights have errors.

normally i go into the old LCM and screen shot the Coding dialog that has all the PWM values so i can duplicate them in the new LCM however this OLD LCM is so old it doesnt have those values displayed.

this is the screen im looking for. hoping someone can get me a screen shot of their values.

this one is from my sedan fyi.

IMG_20180425_222710 by Shawn Robertson, on Flickr
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

is the new LCM from a Touring?

if not, that's your problem. BP helped me with this as i was trying to put my FW v4.5 LCM from my sedan into my Touring....and i got the rocket boosters.

if i remember correctly, BP read the FA from the instrument cluster (in the Touring) and copied it to the LCM, and then reset the LCM to factory defaults? we did this with NCSExpert.

i'm running on very little sleep lately so i can't really remember. it was something along those lines. hopefully he can chime in here.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    is the new LCM from a Touring?

if not, that's your problem. BP helped me with this as i was trying to put my FW v4.5 LCM from my sedan into my Touring....and i got the rocket boosters.

if i remember correctly, BP read the FA from the instrument cluster (in the Touring) and copied it to the LCM, and then reset the LCM to factory defaults? we did this with NCSExpert.

i'm running on very little sleep lately so i can't really remember. it was something along those lines. hopefully he can chime in here.
    no the new LCM is from a sedan.... are you saying i can only use a TOURING LCM in a touring?

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    no the new LCM is from a sedan.... are you saying i can only use a TOURING LCM in a touring?
    No, you can use one from a sedan. You just need to write the vehicle order to it; the instrument cluster stores this information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

No, you can use one from a sedan. You just need to write the vehicle order to it; the instrument cluster stores this information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ok so I probably just need to change the chassis code from EV53 to AR33 which is touring chassis code. i can do that with NCS Expert in the LCM.

i dont have the old cluster anymore since the wagon now has the m3 cluster in it.

lmk if you still need a screenshot and i'll pull it from my 2000 323i wagon tonight

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    lmk if you still need a screenshot and i'll pull it from my 2000 323i wagon tonight
    well it needs to be a late model one. your 323 2000 wagon will most likely be the same as mine.. where it doesnt show any PMW values for the tail light coding
    part.

i think Slater may be on to something with the Vehicle chassis code though. I will try changing the chassis code from EV53 to AR33 and see if i get different results.

thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    Just copy the FA from the IKE to the LCM using PA Soft, then use NCS Expert to reset the LCM to factory defaults.
    You should find the Copy FA function under LCM under either Coding or Reprogramming, I forgot what it's called. Then do a copy from IKE > LCM when asked.

Then go into NCS, load up Expert Mode, select the LCM, and do a SG_CODIERREN on it. All done!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Just copy the FA from the IKE to the LCM using PA Soft, then use NCS Expert to reset the LCM to factory defaults.
    You should find the Copy FA function under LCM under either Coding or Reprogramming, I forgot what it's called. Then do a copy from IKE > LCM when asked.

Then go into NCS, load up Expert Mode, select the LCM, and do a SG_CODIERREN on it. All done!
    thanks for weighing in, BP! unfortunately shawn doesn't have the Touring cluster in any more...

can i send him something from my LCM?
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

thanks for weighing in, BP! unfortunately shawn doesn't have the Touring cluster in any more...

can i send him something from my LCM?
    Sorry I missed that.

Shawn, do you just not have the cluster anymore or just not installed? If you still have it then it's be worth swapping it back in for this.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast