Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by dpark View Post
    VANOS still rattles today, from 2000rpm to about 2400rpm and sounds like a Folgers coffee can filled with loose nuts and bolts and is more noticeable under load (like going up a hill) than on a flat road. It is what it is and I try not to think about it. Car currently has 134K miles on it and is 14 years old. I have not noticed any power issues, car still pulls well through that rpm range. No plans to do anything about it.
    You'd be surprised... my car rattled since I bought it (65K) but I could only hear it when all the windows and sunroof were closed. I didn't think I'd lost any power until I replaced it with a Dr. Vanos unit... regained 2.2MPG per tankful, and definitely felt the power at the lower-end of the RPM band... you might want to consider it.

2005 ZHP + ZPP + NAV =

Quote Originally Posted by Sicily1918 View Post
    You'd be surprised... my car rattled since I bought it (65K) but I could only hear it when all the windows and sunroof were closed. I didn't think I'd lost any power until I replaced it with a Dr. Vanos unit... regained 2.2MPG per tankful, and definitely felt the power at the lower-end of the RPM band... you might want to consider it.
    Well, I still get 31mpg on the highway (6th gear, 70-75mph) and get 23mpg combined. Maybe there is oomph missing on the low end but since I am not racing the car, I'll never know.

If my engine were going to blow up (like the cooling system) I would do it, but since there doesn't seem to be anything fatal on the horizon, if I can't do it for less than $300, it just isn't worth it to me. Don't mean to sound cavalier about it, but it just isn't that important in the whole scheme of things.
    2004 330i E46 with ZHP performance package and cold weather package

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345