Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Kitty - The Schwarz 330ci ZHP

How's it going guys, been meaning to make a thread for a little while since recently acquiring a 2005 ZHP coupe. It was my neighbors old car which I've been helping her out with over the past two years or so with maintenance but she recently bought a new 435i M Sport. "Kitty", the nickname she gave the ZHP was in need of some love again and she texted me out of the blue one day saying she wanted a good home for the car, and if I promised to love and fix her up I could just have her. I don't think a family members given me anything this nice, yet alone a neighbor! She's a really good person, I'm happy she considered me when the time to move on the the ZHP came.

She owned the car from day 1, bought it new from San Fransisco BMW in 2005. She was telling me the salesman brought up that BMW was offering a performance package on the 330i/ci models at the time which gave the car a little extra punch, body kit, ect. She ended up biting the bullet and custom ordered Kitty new with all the options she wanted, it's pretty loaded. Cold weather package, Navigation, you name it and it probably has it. She even gave me a brand new OEM car cover in the trunk, probably never even used since it's still in the original box taped up.

So far the current plans are to get her up to date on Maintenance and address the paint on the roof, along with the re-gluing the material on the A and C pillars (since the material is pealing back). I already ordered a new oil pan gasket, Genuine BMW rear brake pads/ sensor and some hardware for a M3 strut bar I've had in my backyard for quite some time.

Few Pics;

Last edited by KIRIEIW; 04-28-2018 at 09:04 PM.

I've done a ton of stuff to the car over the years, I took a good amount of pics back then too just cause. Most recently I rebuilt the entire CCV system in 2016 since she had a check engine light on for vacuum leaks. Turned out the hose that branches off the cyclone separator to the dipstick tube was deteriorated in half. I work at my local BMW dealer for a living as a mechanic, it's always nice to work on something a little older/ different. We did a ton of other things at the same time including rebuild the cooling system as preventive maintenance (it still had the original expansion tank installed!!), spark plugs, OFHG/ Valve Cover Gasket, Air Filter, Intake Boots, Vanos Supply Line, Pullies, Belts, Lemforder Control arm bushings, tons of stuff. Parts alone ended up costing close to $800 bucks if I remember correctly, and that's with my dealer discount! But all the major stuff that fails on e46's was done. Like said in the post above, all it really needs now is brakes and a little cosmetic work.

Pics;

Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

nice!

Great werk! The ZHP has found a nice home.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Great writeup and pics. Thank you for sharing your story.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks guys! I got some work done this afternoon. First off, I replaced the rear brake pads/ sensor. Just a tip, if you guys ever need brakes same day the dealers are offering "value line" brake pads. I'm not sure the whole difference between the more expensive pads, but the value line still come in BMW packaging and have BMW stamps cast into the pads. The kit comes with both brake pads and the wear sensor. $70 bucks, not bad I suppose if you really need to get them same day and don't want to pay shipping from a vendor. The whole reason behind the value line pads is to compete with local independent shops to get people returning to the dealers for service after warranty. I also found a strut bar at work a year or so back and finally own a deserving enough e46 to install it on, so got that installed. Don't worry, I'll pressure wash the engine bay next week when I do the oil pan gasket .

Lubing up everything, and chamfering the edges of the brake pads with a file. Every time you do just a pad slap BMW wants us to chamfer the pads to reduce noise.

Looking good!

Nice work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, that's awesome. You can't beat free. It looks like we're doing the exact same maintenance items. Can I just copy your pics for my journal as I cross them off the list? Just kidding. Great looking car, and really nice she rewarded all your help by giving you the car in the end.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast