Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyNC View Post
    Man, that's awesome. You can't beat free. It looks like we're doing the exact same maintenance items. Can I just copy your pics for my journal as I cross them off the list? Just kidding. Great looking car, and really nice she rewarded all your help by giving you the car in the end.
    Haha thanks man, ya I think it's going to be a pretty clean car after I'm done with everything.

Ok guys so yesterday I got a few of the more major things done. First off I did the oil pan gasket at my work. Honestly I couldn't imagine doing this one in a driveway, but I'm sure people have done it. It's not a super hard job but its definitely time consuming. I figured I'd take advantage when the subframe was dropped and went ahead and replaced the engine mounts at the same time, I went with Lemforder mounts. Next I replaced the fan clutch. I've never seen it before, but the fan clutch bearing fail and cause a somewhat loud rattle noise at times while driving and of course you could wiggle the fan when the engine was off and see a noticeable amount of play. I ended up using a Behr fan clutch, the OE manufacture. Be careful if you have a similar issue, the water pump is usually what goes bad when you see play in your fan. Lastly I did a much needed brake fluid flush, who knows the last time it was done.

Did you take a look (torque check) on the oil pump nut while you had it open?
    Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by PetesZ View Post
    Did you take a look (torque check) on the oil pump nut while you had it open?
    You know what, unfortunately I didn't but that would have been a pretty good idea to do while I had the pan off. Oh well.

Great job on the oil pan gasket. A lift makes the job Soo much easier but I did 2 of them with jackstands in my driveway.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Great job on the oil pan gasket. A lift makes the job Soo much easier but I did 2 of them with jackstands in my driveway.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Jeez, ya I couldn't imagine trying that one. I kinda considered it but quickly decided against it and went into work on my day off.

New Lemforder sway bar links. Also got a brand new microfilter installed.

Nice

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Well I brought her in for paint. The roof was in really bad shape, California sun really took it's toll on her from being outside so many years. I also had the hood repainted at the same time due to clear coat being in the early stages on the hood. I went ahead and removed all the trim pieces for the shop myself such as the washer nozzles on the hood, kidney grills, roundel, roof rails and shark fin. Got Kitty back last week, just failed to update the thread. I should have taken a before picture but you can see the damage the sun did to the roof in the pic bellow fairly well in the driveway. The clear coat started to fail directly behind the sunroof and slowly grew larger overtime.

Looking good.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast