Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    To me 1st is too short and I can almost start in 2nd (and do sometime when I’m stop and go traffic or a “rolling stop”. 3rd and 4th are great. 6 is awesome on the highway as I very seldom have to downshift when needing to pass or traffic slows to the 50s. I have a 3.38.

Shawn, Is your experience with the traction control similar to mine?

Also, "more flexible" isn't technically true. Like Shawn said, 1st is 10% shorter--like every other gear--but most of my driving is done in 3rd (around town), 4th (tackling back roads), 5th (cruising back roads or tackling highway) , and 6th (cruising the highway), and each just feels perfect in its role with oomph on tap. As Shawn said, for example, he doesn't have to shift so much on Interstate, but I think the same can be said for the other gears--even 2nd (I can easily start in 2nd). As for 1st, you have to shift a bit quicker, but that's no biggie to me.

I do love it and am pretty enthusiastic about it, but I don't want to over-sell it. All it is is 10% more torque at the wheels, but that 10% makes the gears hit their sweet spots--at least for my driving.
    Last edited by Reasoned1; 05-09-2018 at 12:25 PM.

The traction control still kicks in a lot on my car. I have a clutch pack LSD and 3.15:1. It's very annoying when it kills the throttle and the car falls flat on its face. I'm going to code in M3 settings one of these days...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    The traction control still kicks in a lot on my car. I have a clutch pack LSD and 3.15:1. It's very annoying when it kills the throttle and the car falls flat on its face. I'm going to code in M3 settings one of these days...
    ha, me too!! mine is a 3.46 helical and it kicks in often enough that i find myself turning it all off anyway. the M3 DSC settings should be a nice compromise (i hope, anyway ).
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Yes everyone says M3 coding is much more forgiving
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

My ZHP was amazing with 3.46 gears. I have a 3.64 for sale if you want it (Cheap) that already has the right flanges and would be plug and play. In my mind, the 3.64 is the best diff for performance because it allows you to utilize 3rd and 4th gears more. But the 3.46 was good too. My YouTube channel has videos of my ZHP with gears.

Check out my youtube channel for all kinds of E46 DIY's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flipfinish?feature=mhee
    Check out my BMW Blog
    http://smolckbmw.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on twitter @smolck

What do you want for the 3.64, and how many miles?... mouth watering... thinking about the higher mileage yet cherry 330i I hope to find someday.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Older thread here and forgive me if I'm stating the obvious but regarding the annoying TC interference mentioned above- if you hold your DSC button once (DSC light comes on) and then long hold it a second time until the "brake" light illuminates you can eliminate the annoying TC interference. It's no LSD but at least it allows for a bit more enjoyment. Why oh why didn't these cars come with a limited slip?
    Sockethead, it must be seriously frustrating to go the trouble of putting in an LSD and still have TC spoiling the effect. Curious if you found a solution.

well, the real solution is to hold the DSC button in for a while sadly, this is the best solution in the M2 as well
    H&R sport springs,

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    well, the real solution is to hold the DSC button in for a while sadly, this is the best solution in the M2 as well
    If I punch first gear it cuts power at 4k rpms everytime. I literally have to turn DSC in grandma mode to get on it. The LSD holds the grip just fine, it's the computer that gets all pissy the second there is a tiny bit of slip.

For the record I rarely push first gear hard. There's just no reason to

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast