Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Choices

Damn that car is blue! Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    I was going to just use painter tape and newspaper and just spray without removing the bumper...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bruh. Pulling the bumper off is really easy and then you don't have to worry about overspray or gunking up your radiator with paint.

You can pull the grille out without removing the bumper. Ask me how I know...
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    You can pull the grille out without removing the bumper. Ask me how I know...
    Isn't getting it back in the hard part? (Giggity)
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

It was def harder to get back in. Might be easier to tape it off and spray paint. I plan to do that for the diffuser piece soon.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Easy to tape and spray, which is what I did. Also, no biggie to remove and spray.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    Looks great. Time for a thorough detail in and out and you'll be the happiest guy in Waco not named Chip Gaines.

Nice pup too.
    Chip Gaines approved this message.

Thanks! That's Tyson, our black lab. Super awesome dog. Couldn't ask for a much better companion to our 5 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Looks great! I might want to add painting your lower grille to your to do list....They all seem to fade to gray. There is a diy thread for that somewhere on here...
    I didn't notice it until you pointed it out! haha. Thanks! I actually have my bumper off right now to retrofit some G5-R projectors in place of the ZKW's. No more a perfect time!

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Damn that car is blue! Love it!
    Man, I really like this blue! First blue one and it's grown on me fast! Catch myself turning around to look at it when walking away.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillips0417 View Post

I didn't notice it until you pointed it out! haha. Thanks! I actually have my bumper off right now to retrofit some G5-R projectors in place of the ZKW's. No more a perfect time!
    Not sure if anyone told you, but the bumper doesn't have to come off for that.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    I was going to just use painter tape and newspaper and just spray without removing the bumper...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    That works too!
    ^ Yep, that is what I did on my previous ZHP, turned out quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Bruh. Pulling the bumper off is really easy and then you don't have to worry about overspray or gunking up your radiator with paint.
    ^ I put newspaper behind the lower grill too, to avoid overspray.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Not sure if anyone told you, but the bumper doesn't have to come off for that.
    It does when you have headlight washers, I don't see any other way to get the washer out of the headlight lower mount. I've had the bumpers off before, really easy to do and why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillips0417 View Post
    It does when you have headlight washers, I don't see any other way to get the washer out of the headlight lower mount. I've had the bumpers off before, really easy to do and why not?
    No sir. I have headlight washers as well and remove my headlights all the time. Never had to remove the bumper for that.

The washer pumps are attached to a bracket that attaches to the headlight assembly. They come off as one unit. There are two boots at the top of the headlight and two below it, hidden by the body colored trim. Remove the corner light and trim and you'll see the two boots under the headlight. Then, the whole thing slides out the front of the car.

Which part prevented you from removing the headlight?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast