Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

swapping 4 wheels for 2 - my ZHP replacement (Kawasaki content)

I sold my ZHP last month after 6 years of ownership. It was time to move on - we've moved to rural southern Arizona (from metro Phoenix) and my Golf R had become my main steed since buying it 2 years ago. Down here the ZHP just wasn't going to get driven much, and I lusted after some sort of roadster (Alfa Spider perhaps) taking its place as my "other" car. I was able to sell my ZHP immediately upon listing it on the BMWCCA website, for my full ask price ($11k) to a great guy from Alabama who flew to Vegas to complete the transaction.

Once we got down here I realized that a motorcycle was also a good option as my "other" vehicle. We're in the sticks and have tons of awesome areas to explore and cruise to, in some of the best weather in the country. And very little traffic to deal with. So I took a 3-day MSF safety course and that helped me make up my mind - yes, I'm going to buy a bike. Got my license the next day, and had been looking at bikes for a few weeks at that point. I was pretty much settled on the Suzuki V-Strom 650 - an "adventure" class bike of sorts, primarily suited for on-road duty, but set up to do some off-roading as well. Then at the 11th hour I started looking at the Kawasaki Versys 650. A bit more polished on the road and less suited for off-road use, but that's fine as I'll rarely venture off-pavement, and when I do, it will be on an unpaved road of some kind, not any sort of hardcore terrain. I found a great deal on a leftover '17 up in Tucson, haggled the price down a bit further, and the deal was done. I've only put about 250 miles on her so far, but I'm loving it and getting more comfortable riding it all the time. This is the first bike I've owned since '83, when I sold a Yamaha 250 Enduro I owned for about a year.

That last shot is at our new house in Hereford, I've been posting some pics late in the construction process in the "Home Makeover" thread. Now that we're in I need to add some finished shots, We're still settling in, so I'll get to that sometime in the next week or two.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Congrats on the bike. I get it re zhp but still weird you don't have one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Congrats Kevin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Once you've owned a bike, you'll hear that call for the rest of your life. I miss having one in some form or another. You have the perfect area for one! Charleston is way too crowded for anything more than a cruiser and even then, the people down here are such horrible drivers, I'd be fearing for my life every time I rode.

Congrats on moving into the new house! Can't wait to see the finished pics... especially of the pool area! I'm jelly!
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Congrats on the bike. I get it re zhp but still weird you don't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Congrats Kevin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim