Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Imola sedan DD

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    Did you happen to notice the brand of the clears in the Turner kit? Ulo or Genuine BMW? I'm just curious, Thanks
    I’m pretty sure the turn signals came in Ulo boxes didn’t really check the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have ZWK assemblies, but read AL lenses would work on them despite what it read on sellers websites. I purchased some from FCPeuro and they turned out work just fine !

Before:

After:

Unfortunately while doing the driver side lens I noticed I have the burnt bowl problem, which I will have to address another time.

Looking Sharp

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EUC2VB...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Looking Sharp

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Thank you, I was watching YouTube videos and some were removing the whole assembly/draining out their washer fluid etc. but all that turned out to be unnecessary. I was able to replace them without removing the assembly or disconnecting my headlight washers

I was able to get my rear shocks replaced, my right rear shock mount was super noisy an couldn’t wait to replace it.
    I then ordered the new Koni fsd shocks for the rear, the fronts supposedly won’t be available until next month.
    Disassembled the rear trunk carpet and ripped the brittle noise dampening material:

Old shocks were toast, wouldn’t decompress

New rogue engineering RSMs

All done

Noise is gone and feels much better back there.
    Planing to do the rear trailing arm bushing /ball joints, but first want to do the front struts etc.

Last edited by d-rod; 06-14-2018 at 10:10 AM.

Looks like you're the first one to try the new red FSD's. Looking forward to your thoughts once you get the fronts in too.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Looks like you're the first one to try the new red FSD's. Looking forward to your thoughts once you get the fronts in too.
    Yes! I knew I needed new ones since the rear just sounded horrible. I couldn’t take it anymore, but after doing some research I read great things about the original gold FSDs. Then I read they were discontinued and a new design was coming out. So I’ve been waiting for them to become available. Found the rears on tire rack and just going to keep searching for the fronts and order them ASAP. I wasted money on oem rear dust boots and bump stops as I didn’t know the konis would come with their own. Now I’m wondering if the fronts will come with their own?

Quote Originally Posted by d-rod View Post
    Yes! I knew I needed new ones since the rear just sounded horrible. I couldn’t take it anymore, but after doing some research I heard great things about the original gold FSDs. Then I read they were discontinued and a new design was coming out. So I’ve been waiting for them to become available. Found the rears on tire rack and just going to keep searching for the fronts and order them ASAP. I wasted money on oem rear dust boots and bump stops as I didn’t know the konis would come with their own. Now I’m wondering if the fronts will come with their own?

The fronts will not come with dust boots or bump stops. I reused both, but could have used new bumps stops. Dust boots were fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    The fronts will not come with dust boots or bump stops. I reused both, but could have used new bumps stops. Dust boots were fine though.
    Thanks! Now I wonder if the front and rear are interchangeable ? At least the dust boots ?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast