Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Imola sedan DD

Sorry about the finger, but glad you got all that front suspension work done. Initial thoughts?

Also, if I never have to use spring compressors it’ll be too soon. That pic of the front spring makes me cringe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Sorry about the finger, but glad you got all that front suspension work done. Initial thoughts?

Also, if I never have to use spring compressors it’ll be too soon. That pic of the front spring makes me cringe.

I’ve driven less than 100mi on them but you can definitely notices the difference.
    The spring compressors we’re not as bad as I thought. I think having my impact wrench made the difference.

Impact wrench definitely does, but I’ve had the experience of spring compressors failing while under load. I never want that again.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Impact wrench definitely does, but I’ve had the experience of spring compressors failing while under load. I never want that again.

Yikes!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Imola sedan DD

Mileage: 100327

So I finally had the time to attempt to do all rear trailing arm bushings/ball joints. It was honestly a pain in the ass for me.
    I purchased the BavAuto tool which had some issues but did work, until I got to the last one and broke. The bimmerworld RTABs were super tight and the right side was not going it and that's when the bolt for the tool snapped.

There were no instructions to it and the pieces for the lower bushing didn’t workout as they should. The install pieces designed for it interfere with the bushing going in all the way. Me being so smart thought it was just resistance and kept going at in and ruined the new lower bushing. I was able to use another attachment to make it work, but since I didn't have an extra bushing laying around I left one original in for now.

Removing them all them was very easy.

Lower

RTAB

I had a lot of little issues here and there that took up a lot of time to correct. The ride with the new BimmerWorld ball joint definitely feels a bit harsh to me. I’m going to put my new wheels and tires on soon and get an alignment and see if I can live with it. I have control arms on the way and I imagine that will be a lot easier !
    Last edited by d-rod; 09-28-2018 at 04:15 PM.

Nice werk.

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

I got something I was really excited about !

My M dead pedal!
    I used it often and mine was destroyed!
    Here is the trash:

Much much better !

Def much btr

Sad day and big mistake letting her go!

Whats the reasoning for the sale? I been eyeing the market for an E39 M5 but prices are all over the place.

BTW is the new owner EAG?

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast