Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Imola sedan DD

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Whats the reasoning for the sale? I been eyeing the market for an E39 M5 but prices are all over the place.

BTW is the new owner EAG?
    The buyer was someone from the Bay Area.

I was on and off about selling it, I posted it and it sold pretty quick. I need to buy a bigger home and it’s a little pricy in San Diego.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I got the chance to replace my front lower control arms/bushings.

Passenger side:

Driver side:

Stopped by Costco and got my new tires and wheels put on

Nice setup! How did it affect the noise from the spherical ball joint rtabs? Mine are stupid noisy in the city with my current wheel/tire sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Nice setup! How did it affect the noise from the spherical ball joint rtabs? Mine are stupid noisy in the city with my current wheel/tire sizes.
    Thanks, my tires are Michelin ps4s 235/40/18.
    Unfortunately NVH seems to have increased. Also, I’m noticing more rattling in the cabin that was not noticed before.

Imola sedan DD

Small update : the previous owner had wrapped the alcantara steering wheel in a cheap leather cover. I read post of members being able to clean and revive old grimy alcantara wheels. So I removed the leather cover in hopes of doing this, but there was a tear on the fabric and just didn’t like it.

I ordered my coby wheel and got to work.

Looks much better !

Also if you noticed I took a temporary measure of repainting the trim
    Did a little update to the shifter and looks good enough for me.

2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Nice timing stripe!

Imola sedan DD

Haven’t been on here much, been messing around with my first SUV ever. Had brakes, CV boots, fluids, and new tires and wheels done.

The ZHP has developed a coolant leak from the temp sensor. I knew this was as simple of a fix as replacing the oring on it, but I opted to do a mild cooling refresh instead. (Upper/lower hose, temp sensor, water pump, engine and trans t-stat).
    Leak: start removing crap old hoses, pump, t-stat . Records indicated expansion tank was replaced about 3-4yrs ago so I opted not to change it this time around, but after removing it I found it was a China made part. Should have just purchased a new oe one. I will do another time, for now this one was in fine shape. New parts I went with OE everything else but rein on hoses. I didn’t know the hose would already come with a temp sensor so I had ordered a bmw piece separately (swapped it out anyway) New pump and t-stat installed New G.A.S. cap put everything back together, bled it, drove it around and everything went right the first time !

A few bonus items I forgot to post about..
    At 102,217mi I was getting some evap codes which led me to replace the purge valve.

Super simple job, no SES light came back.
    Then I got the morimoto fogs which work awesome, never really took good photos of this.

My buddy got me a BMW windshield screen for my bday which I really like

Then completely unrelated but my lady took me out to drive a lambo for my 30th

Good stuff

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast