Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Oil pan gasket...anything else while I am there?

So my oil pan gasket is the next big project on the list, and I just wanted to see what else you guys thought I should do while I am down there, with subframe off and all that wonderful stuff. Here is my list as of now:
    Engine mounts
    Transmission mounts
    flex disk
    steering coupler
    front Sway bar end links
    A/T drain and fill

just want to knock out as many things as possible all at once. This list is the things that I know are starting to fail, other things are OK right now as far as I know.
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

check your sway bar bushings and the condition of your power steering hoses... they tend to start weeping.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

sway bar bushings are OK I think. They aren't cracked or anything, and I don't notice any sounds from them. If they are cheap, I might just replace them while I am there.
    Power steering hoses got a real nice refresh a few months back. No weeping anymore

On another note, has anyone ever heard of a bad oil pan gasket causing a vacuum leak?
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.

That's definitely possible. Have you refreshed the CCV? Replaced the dipstick tube o-ring
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

CCV is new. Dipstick o-rings new.

Oddly enough the drain plug. My started leaking after 180k. Also look at your seals (inner/outer/shifter) and see if they need replacing.
    -Jeff | '19 JGC WK2

Sold: '03 ZHP

"There is a straight six engine at the front, a manual gear box in the middle, and drive goes to the back. That's page one, chapter one from the petrolsexual handbook." - Jeremy Clarkson

plug is also new dimple magnetic. are you referring to the rear/front main seal? I am unfamiliar with these gaskets but i have heard them mentioned a few times

Oil pump nut.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4PHf7U3Tewc

He talks way too much. Very manly for California
    Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by PetesZ View Post
    Oil pump nut.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4PHf7U3Tewc

He talks way too much. Very manly for California
    nice one! adding it to the list. I never track my car, and I dont believe it has ever been tracked, but if i have the sump off hey, why not!

Autozone.com
    I wouldn't mess with the oil pump nut unless it's already loose... I've pretty hard on my car since I bought it at 44k. At 143k I checked the oil pump nut and it was tight as hell...
    H&R sport springs,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast