Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thank you everyone for all your help.

Took the car to get aligned and the guy said that the alignment and toe just fine but it's ever so slightly off and not really required to do take any action. Recommended to just leave it.

I told him the scenario and he said he can make a slight adjustment, and that's it. I accepted paid and left. Same problem was occurring.

I recalibrated with INPA, cleared the faults and then recalibrated the steering wheel by turning car on, turning it lock to lock, center and then turned the car off.

When I turned the car back on, boom no lights and no random traction control/abs!!!

Thanks everyone for all your help!

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

That’s good news, man !
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

There ya go. That recalibration helped on a guy's car I was doing it on. Glad it worked out.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Low / old battery will cause all kinds Of weird electronic issues. My second ZHP has a similar DSC issue it is way more sensitive to wheel spin. I was going to clean the wheel speed sensors.

Second I was going to do the M3 settings as the plan is to put a LSD in it.
    Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)

Woot!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Okay guys thank you for all your help the problem is back and I've figured out why while trying to solve another problem with the car!

The actual sensor on the steering shaft is very loose and sometimes gets stuck in one position when turning and then recentering. This makes the car think it's turning when it's not and that's why we get the steering angle not plausible error.

So now my next step is to tighten the steering angle sensor but I tried playing around with it and for the life of me can't figure out how to get this thing to tighten up so it turns with the steering shaft.

Is this part supposed to be loose as it is? Any ideas on how to secure it against the shaft?
    Any insight is highly appreciated!

Attached is a pic of the sensor(which works perfectly but does not stay secured against the steering shaft)

Alright latest update: After some more investigation I found out that the previous owner replaced the steering shaft andwas actually missing the plastic piece that would keep the wire in place.

So my solution was to zip tie it and haven't had a problem since doing so! Hoping this is the final solution.

Thanks to all who have helped out with this one!

Pic attached

Hopefully this thread will help someone else with the same issue!

Glad you figured it out

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12