Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Should I get the Helix branded LED tail light, which also function as the brake light?

Per the picture, in parking mode and also when I step on the brake pedal while driving, the right LED center area is out. It looks like I have to replace the whole assembly. At ECS, the individual piece(left or right) is about $210 but a whole set(left and right) is about $270. Is it optimal to get the whole set and also should I replace the working left assembly also or should I reserve that one until it goes out?

Here is the link to where I am buying it from? It looks like after looking at the defective right taillight, it has the date stamp of 11-11-2004 so it looks like it never got replaced before.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-helix-pa...46tl-2de-led-/
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by thinkpad240; 05-19-2018 at 06:58 PM.

I personally would buy the two together and just hold onto the left until the left goes wonky. Then again, those taillight prices have stayed stable over the past three years when I last checked.

Alternatively, you could find any '04+ coupe from a part out. I got a pair for $150 that way.

Fyi that set WILL NOT fit your car. Those are made for pre-facelift coupes that didn't get LED tails from the factory.

99-03 BMW E46 COUPE / 01-03 M3 LED TAILLIGHTS W/ FACELIFT INNERS - CLEAR/RED https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0722YLRH9..._KYwaBb7BX6Z82

My left taillight has been doing the same thing and it works fine if I wiggle the connector. I have had my eye on a few sets of fresh ones and may pull the trigger now that I know someone that would need the right side light...

Good eye, I did not catch that. Just assumed the link was to the factor taillights for '04+ coupes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Fyi that set WILL NOT fit your car. Those are made for pre-facelift coupes that didn't get LED tails from the factory.

99-03 BMW E46 COUPE / 01-03 M3 LED TAILLIGHTS W/ FACELIFT INNERS - CLEAR/RED https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0722YLRH9..._KYwaBb7BX6Z82

My left taillight has been doing the same thing and it works fine if I wiggle the connector. I have had my eye on a few sets of fresh ones and may pull the trigger now that I know someone that would need the right side light...

My tail light looks like they are the stock ones; here is a pic of it from the outside. They are flat in the back(see pic) after you take the trunk light covering off it, and I have not been able to locate a similar ones online. The Helix brand said it is for coupes after 2003 production which is true for my car since it was assembled in late 2004 but these have bulbs protrubing out and does not look like my original ones.

Update: I've had the tail light replaced today with the ULO brand. All is done. Thanks for the suggestions.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by thinkpad240; 05-25-2018 at 05:27 PM.