Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Firstly I want to thank you all for your feedback and advice. I have contacted EAG to ask their advice and hopefully gain some information from them I can use to respond to the insurance company. Their initial offer - $6,200 which included a "low mileage premium" of $2,200. The only thing that was missing was a request for my bank details so they could try to take more money off me.

Let the battle commence.

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    with 56K, it's in EAG territory. i'd take their listings to the insurance company as a starting point.
    An insurance company is going to take one look at their pricing and laugh their asses off. As they should, because EAG's pricing is beyond retarded.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    An insurance company is going to take one look at their pricing and laugh their asses off. As they should, because EAG's pricing is beyond retarded.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    i'm not disagreeing with your opinion of EAG's pricing model, but merely stating that it will only help his current (and dismal) case.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I agree on the 15-18k range for sure.

If you part it, I know the parts will sell. I’d def be interested in some. Good luck and sorry to hear.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by Smccauley View Post

Here are the after photos. It is very tough to see the car in such a state:

Attachment 32981
    Such a sad sight. Other than a handful of fender benders (never at fault), I have never been involved in a serious accident. I do not know how I’d react if I got hit, got out of the car and saw this. I would not be able to keep my cool because of someone else’s carelessness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Adolfo

2004 330Ci ZHP Orient Blue Metallic
    2002 ///M Roadster Steel Grey Metallic
    1988 325is Zinnoberrot
    1974 2002 Atlantik Blau
    2015 X5 ///M Sport Black Sapphire Metallic (Sold May 2018)
    1999 323i Alpine White (Sold June 2010)

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Adolfo

2004 330Ci ZHP Orient Blue Metallic
    2002 ///M Roadster Steel Grey Metallic
    1988 325is Zinnoberrot
    1974 2002 Atlantik Blau
    2015 X5 ///M Sport Black Sapphire Metallic (Sold May 2018)
    1999 323i Alpine White (Sold June 2010)

Having consulted an attorney and having spoken to the insurance company again I can confirm that this is not going to be easy. They require comparable listings, which I have, but they need to be within 100 miles of my residence which I don't have. So far they have refused to move from the original evaluation but I have provided them with all sales documentation when the car was bought new to prove the car is indeed a ZHP model, which they did not realise (or cared for).

We shall see how this goes from here on out.

Don Adolfo - Indeed. I knew it was bad before I saw the damage and I managed to hold it together but that could have been the shock. I have said a number of times that I would not have reacted the way I have had it been any other bog standard car. This was an absolute gem that will never be replaced, particularly given the mileage.

The irony of this all was I was preparing to sell it and had already received verbal offers in excess of $11,000 for it. Awesome

The whole situation sucks. Glad you are ok; that’s the most important thing. Fingers crossed for a decent valuation but I think the insurance company will not come close to how the enthusiast community (rightfully) values these vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    17 X5D
    17 M2
    70 2002

Quick update - After two weeks of push back after push back I got them up to $8,000. They finally admitted that the comparisons they were using were not the ZHP 6 speed manual cars and that my claim the ZHP upgrade is rare, especially with the mileage I had, had some validity. But the $8K, while 1800 above the initial offer, just leaves a horrible taste in my mouth. As I said to the assessor - you are not in the business to have sympathy for my situation and ensure I get the best possible evaluation, you are in the business of giving me as little for my car as you can get away with.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast