Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Staggered Tires Rotation Info for Claiming Tires Warranty

So the shop tells me my Hankook tires are "separating" and this should be covered under the warranty since I dont drive that much.

In the Hankook info, they say that warranty is only valid if you show proof that the tires have been rotated every 7000 miles.

The shop tells me in my staggered setup, my tires are not supposed to be rotated.

Anyone have experience with still claiming such a warranty? I dont want to call them yet until I know exactly what to say so they cant tell me sorry, not valid.

Basically I need to know is that a legit reason to tell Hankook, that my car doesnt require rotation or whatever... because what if they say you should have then at least rotated the left and right for the fronts and then backs... but even with the negative camber, you should still do that?

I dunno......
    __________________________________________________ ____
    2003 ZHP 4dr | 145,000 miles (ACTUAL before RIP) | BBS 17"
    Hankook Ventus V12
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 XL
    [ Staggered on square (17x8.5 +38) ]

I think they will decline since the warranty is based on the tires being rotated.

Not sure about hankook but I think Michelin halves the warranty period if the set up is staggered. At least that’s what I remember reading on tire rack...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Not sure about hankook but I think Michelin halves the warranty period if the set up is staggered. At least that’s what I remember reading on tire rack...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    So when I call them or go to the authorized shop, I tell them that the shops tell me not to rotate my tires due to the car model and staggered layout, not due to negligence? I feel like I a missing something else I can tell them to heighten my chances...

For example, would BMW themselves support the statement that you do NOT rotate tires on a 2003 ZHP?
    Hankook Ventus V12

Whether you can rotate or not, the warranty specifies rotation. Not being able to rotate is something you take the risk on when buying staggered tires, unfortunately.

If the tires are directional, you can't rotate them at all. If they aren't, then you can at least swap them side to side.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I would think that there would be some kind of provision for cars that came from the factory with staggard wheel setup.
    Directional tires can be rotated from side to side but you'd have to take them off the rims to do so....
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Hmm ok thanks guys.... so Hankook rep said that actually a separation is considered a defect, so that rotation thing doesnt apply, and for this car, because you dont rotate, it may not even matter for the mileage warranty.

The only bad thing is, they ONLY replace the one tire, meaning if the tread depth is not sufficient for stability from the new and old, I would have to buy a new tire for the other end myself. I guess I cant be too upset at that... I mean tread depth I would say is maybe 1/2 or little more worn, so anyone know if this is an automatic new tire match scenario or...
    Hankook Ventus V12