Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LED Glove Box Light Replacement Bulb

Found this Cree E10 base LED bulb for the removable glove box light. Nice little $10 mod. Quite a difference in light compared to the incandescent bulb that comes stock.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272153018501?rmvSB=true

Name:  73670d1526926628-what-did-you-do-your-e53-today-20180521_135301.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  89.8 KB

Name:  73671d1526926628-what-did-you-do-your-e53-today-20180521_140006.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  72.6 KB

Cool! Is the lens easy to remove? I've never tried.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Cool! Is the lens easy to remove? I've never tried.
    Lens pops right off. Bulb simply unscrews. Total job start to finish is about 3 minutes including walking out to the garage...

Pretty nice

What were all those other guides with all that retrofitting work? Battery change?

Great timing. I just bought LED's last week on ebay to try to update mine (and on my 745i) but they didn't work. And yes, bulbs just unscrew. I'm ordering these now. Thanks!
    Pete

and I see the ones that worked for you are not polarity specific - will work either way. Great news. The one's I bought that didn't work (actually Amazon not eBay) had a positive at the base. Can't wait to try em!
    Pete

I just bought the interior LED kit from Khoalty for $18.49. Can't wait to put it all in
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Overboost's eBay purchase was the first actual LED replacement to update the flashlight I'd come across - which is what got me excited since I've been hunting

Does the Khoalty kit include this flashlight bulb? Didn't see that mentioned.
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    What were all those other guides with all that retrofitting work? Battery change?
    Yes - battery change. There are some outfits that are selling the older white flashlights (E23/24/28/30) with battery upgrades for $$$. I'm not sure when the flashlight terminal bases changed from plugs to prongs or visa versa.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    Overboost's eBay purchase was the first actual LED replacement to update the flashlight I'd come across - which is what got me excited since I've been hunting

Does the Khoalty kit include this flashlight bulb? Didn't see that mentioned.
    This is what the description says:
    Kit (1 dome light 2 reading lights 2 foot wells 1 glove box light 2 vanity lights 4 rear lights in back seat 2 festoon in trunk)
    I don't know if the glove box light is the flash light or the light that turns on when you open it (does it have one of those? i can't remember atm...)
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast