Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I can echo both of these statements with my Moog bearings. Dips in the road, train tracks, etc are all super smoothed out with the bearings, but anything with a leading edge that puts a horizontal load on the rear trailing arm (where the rubber bushing would compress to allow the trailing arm to flex out of toe and absorb the impact) rattles through the frame. It's loud.
    that's so weird. i don't have any of those issues with my bimmerworld ones.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Thanks for this. I spent the past two hours researching oe+limiters vs poly vs delrin vs spherical bearing and learned a ton. Just put in an order for the latest revision of the oe rtabs (z4m):

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...46-33326770817
    Are these the same RTABs as the E46 M3?
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    that's so weird. i don't have any of those issues with my bimmerworld ones.
    You also have reasonably fitted wheels and tires. I'm runnin that stretch lyfe with no sidewall flex to take up some of the impact.

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    Are these the same RTABs as the E46 M3?
    Yup

You also have reasonably fitted wheels and tires. I'm runnin that stretch lyfe with no sidewall flex to take up some of the impact.
    true... but, 245/34/18's, they have less sidewall (0.2") than stock diameter. with my 17" x-ice winters, it actually feels perfect.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    true... but, 245/34/18's, they have less sidewall (0.2") than stock diameter. with my 17" x-ice winters, it actually feels perfect.
    Exactly. The Growlour drove perfect on winter 17's + vincebar. I was hoping to drive it on the 18" summer tires but then you showed up with your 335i and we know how that drive went...

Exactly. The Growlour drove perfect on winter 17's + vincebar. I was hoping to drive it on the 18" summer tires but then you showed up with your 335i and we know how that drive went...
    LOL. sorry to.... let you down?
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Update: I installed a fresh set of Lemforder rubber RTABS with Vorshlag limiters and drove the car this morning. It was dumping rain, so I didn't get to test the rear grip, but the ride is certainly improved. I believe I still have some excessive noise, which would point to the LCA bearing installed in place of the rubber bushing being the culprit. Will update this after more miles over the weekend.

Interested to hear your thoughts transitioning to the Z4M RTABs with the Vorshlag limiters, it's the same setup I have in the ol' derrière

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Interested to hear your thoughts transitioning to the Z4M RTABs with the Vorshlag limiters, it's the same setup I have in the ol' derrière
    Rides like stock (duh) but I really miss the planted feeling of the sphericals. I'll eventually find a way to go back to them.

I installed the Moog RTABs last week (thanks @ZHPizza for providing the tools and garage). Luckily I had the RTAB whisperer to help me with the install so it actually went faster than when I did the poly bushings. First, a few pics:

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  102.1 KB
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  90.5 KB
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  101.0 KB
    Name:  4.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  82.6 KB

All I can say is WOW. I would have never imagined how huge the difference could be. This is up there with VANOS seals and the shorter diff. It literally completely transforms the car. The rear feels so much more comfortable. At first it feels soft but you quickly notice that it's really just compliant now. The car rides super smooth and is extremely planted. Wheel spin? What wheel spin? This is a budget LSD bro. No more inner wheel spin for me.

Transitioning into drifts is super smooth too (in the rain). In the dry, it doesn't really break loose anymore, but that's fine by me. Too much wear when you do that anyway. When I do get to go sideways in the rain, it's much more predictable, controllable and smoother.

AND NO MORE STUPID SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK LIKE WITH THE POLY RTABS.

I haven't heard any noises over leading edges yet, but I'll keep an ear on it.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast