Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    That's built in rear steering
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    in regards to the RTAB location, in my opinion this bushing should not be absorbing impacts (that's the job of the spring and shock);
    All of the suspension components take some amount of impact. The force a pothole exerts on the tire/wheel actually has a substantial horizontal vector... The reason the wheel only moves vertically is because it is restricted laterally/ longitudinally by the control arms.

There are definitely impact forces acting on the joints. Some joints see more impact forces than others though, and I think because of the rear trailing arm's orientation, the RTAB sees more impact forces than those control arms which are closer to perpendicular to the car's axis.

Anyone think a stiffer RTAB would affect stresses imparted to the RACP? I know there have been arguments against poly bushings in the rear because they are believed to accelerate RACP failure, but considering the RTAB is isolated from the subframe assembly, is it logical that a stiffer bushing here actually reduces RACP stress?
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    There are definitely impact forces acting on the joints. Some joints see more impact forces than others though, and I think because of the rear trailing arm's orientation, the RTAB sees more impact forces than those control arms which are closer to perpendicular to the car's axis.
    it also sees a lot of twisting force when power is trying to be applied to the ground.

but as far as impact absortion goes, i find the car rides smoother and absorbs bumps better with the spherical RTABs.

Anyone think a stiffer RTAB would affect stresses imparted to the RACP? I know there have been arguments against poly bushings in the rear because they are believed to accelerate RACP failure, but considering the RTAB is isolated from the subframe assembly, is it logical that a stiffer bushing here actually reduces RACP stress?
    this is a great discussion topic.

from my unprofessional engineer's mind, the more i think about it, the worse poly is as a choice for the RTAB location. ultimately, they restrict trailing arm articulation as they will bind under the angles asked of them - how this translates into RACP stress, i can't seem to visualize - but, i can see how it might cause RTAB pocket stress. and as such, rubber bushings with aftermarket 'limiters' should do exactly the same thing.

in this respect, the spherical should actually be the best choice as it will restrict movement even less than the OE rubber bushings.

i can't recall if vince (creator of the VinceBar) has mentioned this or not. i'll have to ask him. i'm pretty sure he runs the BW sealed spherical RTABs on his supercharged M3.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Putting Camry parts on a ZHP?

BP's head exploding in... 3.....2.......1.......boom

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post

LOL!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post

I actually don't care about this lol

Interesting idea.

Now if it was a Prius part, I would have the urge to burn down whatever it was installed in as it would forever be tainted.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

How about a Camry hybrid?
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    i can't recall if vince (creator of the VinceBar) has mentioned this or not. i'll have to ask him. i'm pretty sure he runs the BW sealed spherical RTABs on his supercharged M3.
    i confirmed that he does indeed have these.

which does not mean anything, however he is an ME and has done probably the most thorough independent testing and research on RACP failure, so.... take that for what it's worth.

LOL! (poke, poke!)

i think tesla runs these too.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Don't care if it's not a Prius.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

While the bushings themselves might be good, I don't like Moog. Is there a better version available?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast