Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Finally got around to ordering these guys as I collect parts for a winter suspension refresh. Wish I could find something similar for the FCABs!

Just wanted to share, I found a 14mm OD and 12mm ID slug at 2” in length via a company in Asheville NC. This should allow use of stock hardware and rtab bracket without drilling it out.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F123048344479

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerteknik View Post
    Just wanted to share, I found a 14mm OD and 12mm ID slug at 2” in length via a company in Asheville NC. This should allow use of stock hardware and rtab bracket without drilling it out.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F123048344479

Perfect. I went ahead and drilled my brackets out to 9/16" as it wasn't much of a jump at all. Haven't installed yet, but have test fit one of the bearings. Had to bend the bracket out a touch to fit the new bearing as it's slightly wider than OE.

I like your adjustment method

I don't understand, what's going on with all the washers here? Since I picked up a new E46, I might try this since it's all stock back there.

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerteknik View Post
    I like your adjustment method

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    I don't understand, what's going on with all the washers here? Since I picked up a new E46, I might try this since it's all stock back there.
    See in the first pic how my new M14x75mm bolt is not fully threaded? I needed to cover that area so that I could turn the nut on the threads without it bottoming out. Happened to have a bunch of M14 washers in the box, so I used those. Could have used a large socket, piece of pipe, etc too.

I still have to do the other bracket, so I can take better pics and put together a DIY when I'm done.

any update on this now that I've already ordered poly bushings? because, I completely forgot about this.

My concern with installing these spherical bushings is road noise isolation. I noticed more of it after I installed my poly bushings. How is it with these?

Also, if this is an improvement, why didn't the car come from BMW that way? There must be some trade off.

Compromise. Spherical bearings are more expensive than rubber. Rubber also isolates/absorbs shock better, which is what most non-enthusiasts would prefer. That's probably why BMW went that route.

I hope to install mine soon. I doubt I will be able to detect much of a difference in road noise being that my RTABs probably don't even work anymore.
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Finally got them installed on both sides. What a bitch. The chamfered edge of the bearing inserts into the chamfered edge of the trailing arm and the damn thing just refuses to go in straight. I ended up sanding the chamfered edge on the bearing (where my finger is in the pic) to give a smoother transition and eventually got them on the 3rd try after that.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast