Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finally wrote a ZHP review

It's been waaaaay too long since I contributed anything to this forum. So here's an attempt to make up for that. After finishing every maintenance item on my list (last was rebuilding the shifter linkages and replacing the driveshaft guibo), I had too much time on my hands. So I built an automotive blog and started writing. Among the various articles that popped out, here's my review of my '05 330i ZHP, in case anyone's interested. I've had it 2 ½ years now, put it on track multiple times, autocrossed it, done a ton of maintenance and mods, and still take my kids to and from school in it. I'm still very much in love with it. Even with a mint condition AP1 S2000 in the garage next to it, I still drive it most days. Here's my thoughts on it. Click "Average Joe Car Reviews" if you want to compare it to a couple of my other rides: a 240sx and first and second generation track-built miatas. S2000 and 911 reviews coming soon.

https://revsgarage.wordpress.com/201...-e46-330i-zhp/

Comments, questions, critique welcome.

Blake - 2005 330i ZHP 6-sp

Nice work! I am so totally with you on the complexity and plastics issues...
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Great read. Thank you for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Great read. Thank you for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    +1

Good read, but I'm hungry for mod details...
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoned1 View Post
    Good read, but I'm hungry for mod details...
    Ask and you shall receive. Here's my build with all mods detailed: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...ce-and-Mod-Log

Sweet!
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

nice read. polite critique: if the thesis of the article is how much you enjoy overall, you should tie that into the closing. you end the article on a down note that leaves an unbiased reader somewhat conflicted.

btw nice car!
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    nice read. polite critique: if the thesis of the article is how much you enjoy overall, you should tie that into the closing. you end the article on a down note that leaves an unbiased reader somewhat conflicted.

btw nice car!
    Good point! Editing now. Still learning how to do this whole writing thing!

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post

btw nice car!
    Editing complete. I added two new paragraphs at the end comparing the e46 to it's primary sedan competition both up-market and down. https://revsgarage.wordpress.com/201...-e46-330i-zhp/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast