Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dreaded rear view mirror suicide! HELP!!!!

So anyone who owns an e46 knows that someday the mirror will explode and dead itself in one way or another. Well mine finally did. The tell leaked from its seal and flooded the mirror pane.

I've found several replacements on eBay, but none that are identical to mine. I have the auto dimming mirror with the clown nose and a single SOS button on the right. However, none of the ones I see have that single button. I'll never use the button so I don't care, but I'm worried the plug to the wiring harness won't be the same. Does anyone know if they are universal or so I have to get the exact one?!?!

Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)

You can use a non-sos mirror as long as you pull some pins out of the connector. I don't have a link handy for which ones. I have an autodimming/homelink/compass e90 (no leaky) mirror and an autodimming Z4 mirror if you want either.

Don't have a pic of the Z4 but you can Google. It's roundish... somewhere between our mirror and the M3 mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    You can use a non-sos mirror as long as you pull some pins out of the connector. I don't have a link handy for which ones. I have an autodimming/homelink/compass e90 (no leaky) mirror and an autodimming Z4 mirror if you want either.

Don't have a pic of the Z4 but you can Google. It's roundish... somewhere between our mirror and the M3 mirror.
    Interested, do they both fit? What's your pricing?

I just disconnected the s.o.s./bmw assist module in the trunk when I installed my e90.mirror. Easy to undo if necessary.
    Last edited by PdZHP; 05-23-2018 at 07:22 PM.

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP, Silver Grey Metallic, Dinan: Stage 2 Software, High Flow Intake,
    Free Flow Exhaust, Front Strut Bar, Stage 2 Suspension System, Staggered Hartge Replica Wheels,
    M3 Mirrors (Side and Interior), M3 Seats

I have one for sale (No sos button) I’ll let it go cheap. Pm me if you want it.

Check out my youtube channel for all kinds of E46 DIY's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flipfinish?feature=mhee
    Check out my BMW Blog
    http://smolckbmw.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on twitter @smolck

You're better off rebuilding yours than buying a replacement autodim from eBay or whatever. Those prices are usually more expensive than what it would cost to have radar-mirror rebuild it. Putting in a used mirror also increases the chances of it happening again very soon.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    You're better off rebuilding yours than buying a replacement autodim from eBay or whatever. Those prices are usually more expensive than what it would cost to have radar-mirror rebuild it. Putting in a used mirror also increases the chances of it happening again very soon.
    The e90+ autodims were updated with a different dimming material that doesn't crap out like the e46. It's a bluer tint too, instead of the green.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    The e90+ autodims were updated with a different dimming material that doesn't crap out like the e46. It's a bluer tint too, instead of the green.
    Interesting. Good to know - thanks.
    I wonder if radar-mirror uses similar materials. They offer a lifetime warranty service if you pay a few extra bucks.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by PetesZ View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

They can do some really cool stuff with the mirror too, like adding in the compass feature or the arrows for a valentine one unit.

This was the route I was going to go when mine died
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast