Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I'm pretty sure those are dry filters on there. We got them from Injen. We did have an Injen cleaning kit for the oiled filters... I though Kristen gave that to you?

That car wasn't bad at all on dry roads with the blizzacks on it. I was always surprised with that...

I forgot that you bought those wheels... isn't that funny how things turned out
    Ah I can check the box of parts again to double check for cleaning solution. The intakes are definitely dry and I don't ever plan on running an oiled filter. I haven't really gotten a chance to see how it handles the smaller tread in the rear. I did push 2nd a tiny bit and DSC threw a fit (it always does anyway) but it was still super quick. I think the LSD in this car its absolutely amazing and severely underrated as an upgrade on any performance car.

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who uses a hilariously small space heater while working in the garage.

Those splitters looks really good. Perfect balance of subtle yet aggressive.
    lmao there was another heater in the corner too

I really like the splitters too. Kristen has great taste in car mods
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Those are real BMW performance splitters. The PO bought them but never put them on.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    ~Rob~

5/30/20

Long time no see!

Did another oil change on the car yesterday. I haven't driven it much since the last oil change but it was definitely long enough. In the last few years it seems BMW switched from 5W-30 oil to a 0W-30 oil. I'm not exactly sure the reasoning but the 5W I used prior I can't find anymore so I just got a kit from FCP Euro that included the newer version. I'm sure the lighter weight would be nice in a cold climate but down here in Florida it doesn't mean much to me. (Did I mention I moved to Florida?)

My third brake light cracked again so I ordered another one from FCP and plan on using the lifetime warranty since this is the second one I've had to buy. I guess its just a bad design by BMW that puts to much tension on the middle section of the brake light and makes it crack after a year or so. Easy part to swap in and out so no big deal.

I went ahead and washed the car today (planned on doing it yesterday but it started pouring rain) - It was a bit shameful how dirty the car was but it sits now cleaner than it ever has been under my ownership. I got a good wash, used a claybar kit from Chemical Guys, washed again and then put two coats of Natty's paste wax on the car to keep it nice and clean for as long as I can. The paint has always been in good condition - the clearcoat still strong and beading water whenever it rains. But I could always feel the paint had a sandpapery feeling to it. The claybar removed maybe 80-90% of that rough feeling on the paint and putting the wax overtop makes it really really smooth. One of these days I'm going to prep for a full detail with polish and sealant but this should hold me over for a little bit. I even got to polish the exhaust tips!

Name:  20200530_180322.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  1.95 MB
    Name:  20200530_191244.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  882.2 KB
    ~Rob~

Sup OG!? Good to see you around.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678