Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Rob’s E82 135i (Kpro’s Legacy Thread)

This car.

I saw this car for the first time just a hair over 6 years ago. Rob and Kristen brought it to the ZHP Mafia Meet back in 2012. I had just purchased the ZHP a year ago, was enjoying the car and getting into the maintenance/mod side of things. I loved driving the ZHP. It always put a smile on my face, but even when I bought it I had always wished it were faster (I originally looked at E46 M3’s but I was just getting out of college and didn’t have the funds). In my head I settled on supercharging it down the road to get that power I had always wanted and just enjoyed the ZHP for what it was, a beautiful car.

So now I’m at the 2012 SIGFest and this 135i comes along that catches everyone’s attention. Kristen is letting people drive it, and down the road it goes as the car rips through first and second gear. It’s loud.

Kristen asked me if I wanted to drive it. I knew right away if I drove that car, I would resent having the ZHP until it was faster, and I didn’t have the money to go forced induction. I reluctantly declined and just left it at that.

Over the years I had seen the car again a few times. Once in New Jersey it had blown rear shocks and I wasn’t able to drive it. Another time it was at the 2015 Mafia Meet in Ohio. (see pic below)

I’ve been pining for this car for years and have said half heartedly that if it ever went up for sale, I’d buy it. At last years meet in Ohio, I reminded Kristen and she told me that she might be selling it soon and I would be first in line.

April 2018 – The car is for sale. M2 is being ordered and the 135i is now up for grabs.

It took me all of ten seconds to commit to buying the 135i.

A few weeks ago, Justin and I drove down to South Carolina to hang out for the weekend and so I could finally drive the car I’ve been wanting to buy for 6 years. Flew down two weeks later and left with the fastest car I’ve ever been in.

Driving it in the street is totally normal. It’s loud from the exhaust, but it burbles and is one of the best exhausts I’ve ever heard. Get into boost though, and its like getting shot out of a gun.

The maintenance history on this car is extensive, all done by BMW or reputable shops (VAC etc) and everything is in a binder with receipts.
    This car is going to be expensive, I’m aware of what I purchased and I plan on keeping it OEM+

2008 BMW 135i – N54 Twin Turbo
    VIN - WBAUC73588VF22821
    61124 miles at purchase

Mod List

AR Designs Catless Down Pipes
    Agency Power Mid Pipe
    Corsa Exhaust
    KW v2 coilovers
    Hotchkis front swaybar
    BMW Performance Side Skirts
    BMW Performance Pedals
    BMW Performance Steering Wheel
    UUC SSK
    BMW Performance CF Splitters
    CF Spoiler
    CF Diffuser
    CF Mirror Caps
    Injen Intake
    Cobb tuner
    CP-E Charge Pipe with HKS SQQV BOV
    LED AE
    6700k D1S
    Evolution Racewerks FMIC
    VAC Motorsports wheel stud kit
    OS Giken Superlock LSD - Stock gear ratio
    Dinan Front Strut Bar
    P3 vent gauge v1
    Evolution Racewerks engine cover
    ZHP Shift Knob
    VMR 701 Wheels

Name:  geNyG9Z.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  137.3 KB

Name:  tixMZW4.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  157.6 KB

Name:  Am18bkP.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  252.8 KB

Name:  vIJH4HY.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  338.8 KB

Name:  11406260_10203578528658491_6409727677077138707_o.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  130.7 KB
    Last edited by Newjack; 05-26-2018 at 09:19 PM.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Bringing this car to Maryland meant a few things.

1. I would have to get a state inspection

2. I would have to pass emissions

This car would do neither of those things when I bought it because of the catless down pipes lol

Detuned the car to Cobb Stage 1 and took it to my mechanic. After swapping in the stock down pipes (thank you again Rob and Kristen for holding on to these and sending them my way) I passed state inspection. Oh I needed rear brakes too since the back ones were a bit on the thin side. While I was there I also had my mechanic swap the manual transmission fluid since I didn't think it had ever been done. I was waiting in the lobby and as soon as they pulled the fluid out I could smell exactly how original it was - trans and diff fluid always smell horrible!

AR Designs Catless Down Pipes swapped out for the stock down pipes

Manual transmission changed with Redline MTL

Rear brakes and rotors replaced with BMW OEM pads and rotors - I did a brake bedding procedure that night on the beltway

Maryland State Inspection Complete

So the next hurdle was passing emissions. Maryland allows you one readiness sensor fail, which can either be the cat or an O2 sensor but not both. After clearing all of the DTC's I did a few extended drive cycles to try and get the car to show the emission sensors as "ready". Checked the car with an OBDII scanner after a week of very careful driving and it was good to go. (This part really sucked. Not being able to go over 3k RPM's, nothing above half throttle and nothing above 60mph or the readiness sensor test stops)

Passed emissions and drove to my mechanic the same day.

Name:  IMG_20180521_091239.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  1.25 MB

My mechanic reinstalled the AR Designs Catless Down Pipes and also changed the fluid on the OS Giken Superlock LSD. The LSD requires some serious fluid ($60 a liter!) and it needs to be changed out every 12k miles.

AR Designs Catless Down Pipes reinstalled

Diff fluid changed with OS250R gear oil

Reinstalled Cobb Stage 2+

Removed the pink wheel cap stickers

Installed new air freshener - Previous owner had one that I liked so I bought a new one to replace it

Name:  IMG_20180512_190107.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  1.61 MB

So at this point the car doesn't really need much other than someone to drive it. Had to buy another front license plate mount from US Mill Works since Maryland requires a front tag. Of course I went with the lightened unit. 5oz less, all about that power to weight ratio

Name:  xGpI6e3.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  750.3 KB
    ~Rob~

~Rob~

About time you made a thread!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

So nice. I felt the same eay driving it. I am jealous that you got it but very happy for you. Just not a need for that awesome beast in my stable. Glad it's staying in the family.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

awesome.

i want to check this thing out!!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Well that thing sure sounds nice, Rob.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Well that thing sure sounds nice, Rob.
    +1

And with the childish giggle after starting it up, it's perfect.

Rob, so happy for you. Buckle up

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks guys. I'm pretty happy with it right now to say the least.

Yes the seat belt is absolutely being worn. Haven't turned the DCS off.

Whenever we have the next mafia meet I'm happy to sit in the passenger seat for some rides. Just bring an extra pair of underwear.

One of the few mods I did end up doing first was replacing the rear license plate holder. Ended up going with the same carbon fiber design that was originally on the car.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    ~Rob~

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast