Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    I wish there was a definitive answer on this. I've never really noticed the 4k RPM dip, though there is definitely a substantial hesitation/stumble on mine between 2600-3000 RPM under moderate throttle. (Less noticeable during WOT but it's still there.) It's the place my car spends the majority of it's time and would actually be a very satisfying range if not for the stumble. It feels like the car has the most torque and is pulling really well between 1000-2500 RPM but then it stumbles and feels like shit unless I preempt the stumble with WOT around 2000 RPM and then back off quickly after 3k. It's F-ing annoying and I wish there was a solution because this car is otherwise an excellent DD, as well as a fun weekend corner carver.

I replaced my DISA a few months ago and it had no effect. I also did the Shark Injector shortly after I bought it so I don't know if that made it worse or better. I can't remember how it felt before the Shark tune.
    There was an issue with non ZHP cars that produced the exact situation you're describing in that RPM range. The latest BMW software cured it.

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    Disconnecting your DISA will remove the dip, but you will have no power low end. Car will drive like crap and you will see yourself reving out each gear in reular driving. Do not recommend.
    I never said I'd recommend it lol
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    There was an issue with non ZHP cars that produced the exact situation you're describing in that RPM range. The latest BMW software cured it.
    Which means a trip to the $tealer to get the latest software installed, which means first removing the Shark tune, then re-installing it afterwards.

I guess if I want it fixed I have to just bite the bullet. Has anyone reported a loss of overall performance as a result of the new software? I’d hate to get it done only to find some other deficiency as a result.
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    Which means a trip to the $tealer to get the latest software installed, which means first removing the Shark tune, then re-installing it afterwards.

I guess if I want it fixed I have to just bite the bullet. Has anyone reported a loss of overall performance as a result of the new software? I’d hate to get it done only to find some other deficiency as a result.
    Some people still have the issue with the latest software

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Just replaced the DISA valve... dip is gone!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Good news!
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Good news!
    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12