Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    We had this problem with our X3 as well. After a new starter, alternator and battery it kept doing it. I found it to be a disconnected ground strap underneath the vehicle while changing the oil. I was about to pull my hair out with this but happy to say it's been rectified and zero issues since finding and reconnecting this.

Just a thought.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=10

Quote Originally Posted by Phillips0417 View Post
    We had this problem with our X3 as well. After a new starter, alternator and battery it kept doing it. I found it to be a disconnected ground strap underneath the vehicle while changing the oil. I was about to pull my hair out with this but happy to say it's been rectified and zero issues since finding and reconnecting this.

Just a thought.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=10
    How did you find that, or did you actually have a competent mechanic look?

That helps in case I have to take it somewhere else and tell them to look for that if that is the same in the e46... Something like that, really wondering if these aholes messed that up while working on my car for the last 15 months

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ ____
    2003 ZHP 4dr | 145,000 miles (ACTUAL before RIP) | BBS 17"
    Hankook Ventus V12
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 XL
    [ Staggered on square (17x8.5 +38) ]

Quote Originally Posted by Dathaeus View Post
    How did you find that, or did you actually have a competent mechanic look?

That helps in case I have to take it somewhere else and tell them to look for that if that is the same in the e46... Something like that, really wondering if these aholes messed that up while working on my car for the last 15 months

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    That would make a lot of sense, it would definitely make a difference. Just print some pictures of where the ground straps are located and give them to your mechanic or diy.

I found that myself one day changing the oil in the shop. I removed and replaced the strap under the bolt I pictured and haven’t had a problem since.

The starter, alternator and battery were all replaced under CPO warranty. Two batteries later I found this and haven’t changed or charged the battery in two years.

Have you checked the FSR? Also, do we have this ground strap on the E46?
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I don’t think we have this particular ground strap, I really just wanted to point out to check his grounding straps.

Did you find the problem? I barely drive my ZHP - about 1800 miles in the past two years. Every time I go to start it it needs a jump. I replaced the battery with a new Bosch one and it too is draining after about 2 weeks without a start. Aside from that the car runs great, all electrical items work, and the headlights are bright. The car is 100% original so no electrical modifications - so not sure where to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated

As said before, FSR is a common parasitic drain for our cars.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Thanks - I will order one this week and toss it in. I have the car on the charger now and the battery is at 89% complete. I will then see how long it takes to fully drain.

Ya sorry, actually it has something to do with my glove compartment... the weird thing is, it isnt light light, so what else draws power from the GC???

Right now I left that fuse out and I havent had any trouble starting the car, yet, after over a week.
    __________________________________________________ ____
    2003 ZHP 4dr | 145,000 miles (ACTUAL before RIP) | BBS 17"
    Hankook Ventus V12
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 XL
    [ Staggered on square (17x8.5 +38) ]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast