Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

I'm back - kinda. BIG maintenance weekend.

Hey, folks! Sorry I've been so scarce the past couple of years. It's been pretty crazy here; more ortho surgeries than expected and work getting busy (finally).

Anyway, still loving the ZHP. Even more after this weekend.

Rebuilt the DISA with a G.A.S. kit. The old one (genuine BMW) had right on 100,000 miles and it was showing substantial wear. The action was a little lumpy, probably due to a worn bellcrank, and the manifold seal was leaking like a sieve. At least the pin was still solidly attached. Parts from German Auto Solutions

Replaced the trunk lid gas struts. Parts from Amazon

Replaced the engine air filter and cabin filter. Parts from Amazon

Rebuilt the battery+ terminal that's attached to the "drug box" under the hood on the passenger side. The old one was beat up and not supporting the hood alarm switch very well, and the cable that runs down to the starter had some overly worn insulation near the terminal end. Replaced all the plastic bits and cleaned up the starter cable, adding heatshrink tubing and a small bolt in place of a plastic clip. Much better. Parts from FCP Euro

Replaced the valve cover gasket set. Unknown age on the old one, but it was a little crunchy and leaking. Fairly straightforward job, but reassembly is a PITA because the gasket doesn't stay in place on the cover very well. A few dabs of RTV ended up taking care of that. Parts from FCP Euro

Last and certainly not the least, replaced the dual vanos with a rebuilt unit from Dr. Vanos. Didn't feel like doing a rebuild on this myself, and Chris' pricing seems fair. Parts from Dr. Vanos

Summary:

• No more smell of burning motor oil.
    • Notably improved throttle response.
    • A modest increase in low-mid range power.
    • Ken likes!

Howzat?

Ken...

Good stuff

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Autozone.com
    Moar!

Replaced rear brakes; rotors (Zimmerman), pads (Akebono), wear sensor, plastic plugs & covers. Also replaced the hood gas struts. Parts from FCP Euro.

I think that's enough for a while.

Ken...