Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: ZHPXiT?

ZHPXiT?

So, I pretty much got my ZHP a couple of months ago on a whim, but where I live, I really need an AWD during the winter.
    Has anyone done a ZHP conversation on a 325xi touring?

I think that would be my ideal car at this point. I searched a bit, but admittedly not a ton, so if there’s already threads on this, feel free to flame me (and/or share links)

The goal wouldn’t be to necessarily do absolutely everything that was special on a ZHP, but come as close to the ZHP look and feel as practical.
    Looking for thoughts and suggestions on a build like this.

Also, I know it’s heresy, but after 40+ years of driving mostly manuals, I have to admit I’m kind of enjoying the auto in my Z.

Thanks

05 ZHP Sedan, auto, Orientblau, natural brown

there was a guy on here in PA who did a ZHP engine swap into a 325ixT - it still had the 5-speed manual, though. it can definitely be done, as the oil pans are interchangeable.

i think the best plan would be to find a clean, late-model 325ixT (2004/2005 is ideal as they should be MS45.1 - my 2005 325iT was and it made my swap basically plug-n-play aside from reflashing the DME; no wiring changes), and find a wrecked ZHP donor car (the red one someone posted on here the other day would be ideal for that purpose), and swap in everything that you can (seats, trim, door panels, steering wheel, cluster, front bumper, side skirts, etc etc etc).

it can definitely be done and they make fabulous daily drivers - a decent amount of power, good fuel economy, good handling, loads of utility. and they look OK too.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport