Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

- What’s Next???

Well guys my zhp just hit 52,000 miles and is 100% stock just put new wheels on it and gloss black grill. What should I do next.
    LSD, angel eyes, dinan?

I’m bored and have money to spend on it but don’t know if I should just keep it stock.

What do you guys think.

Maybe I’ll sell it and get more of a project car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice car. I say go for some Dinan goodies.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Thanks thats what I was thinking. This isn't my daily driver either I use it maybe 3 times a month. I even thought about supercharging it lol

Refresh the suspension components if it hasn’t been done yet.

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

That's a good looking coupe! What you do always depends on your goals. But most importantly, I'd make sure maintenance is up to date. The best ZHP is a well maintained ZHP, IMO.

I'll always suggest a suspension refresh. My shocks were toast at 50k miles. Here's what I did to get an "OEM+" suspension refresh: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...miles-10-years

EDIT: San beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    That's a good looking coupe! What you do always depends on your goals. But most importantly, I'd make sure maintenance is up to date. The best ZHP is a well maintained ZHP, IMO.

I'll always suggest a suspension refresh. My shocks were toast at 50k miles. Here's what I did to get an "OEM+" suspension refresh: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...miles-10-years

EDIT: San beat me to it.
    But your response is so much more elaborate as usual

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

I'm all for getting new interior pieces. I hate the look of a scratched center console and lower steering wheel trim

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Assuming no maintenance issues or needed refreshes, I'd drop $200 for a used, shorter ratio differential (3.38 is generally recommended); however, if you want to spend an extra $1,500 to optimize your traction, go for an MFactory LSD (while it's out, you may also want to opt for a Z4 cover for another $150). After that, I would go with some APEX wheels for about $1,000 (I like a square set-up, but that'll cost you at least two new tires). I'm sure many people would say go with the wheels first, and it is a tough call, but you will notice the extra torque from the shorter gearbox more than the lighter wheels (although they are great) and, if you go the open diff route, it's a lot cheaper.

The little things I notice a lot are the CDV delete (much better clutch feel, $0), the TMS pedals (soooooo sharp, $150 including dead pedal), and the Wheelskins steering wheel cover (very nice, $60)--in that order.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoned1 View Post
    Assuming no maintenance issues or needed refreshes, I'd drop $200 for a used, shorter ratio differential (3.38 is generally recommended); however, if you want to spend an extra $1,500 to optimize your traction, go for an MFactory LSD (while it's out, you may also want to opt for a Z4 cover for another $150). After that, I would go with some APEX wheels for about $1,000 (I like a square set-up, but that'll cost you at least two new tires). I'm sure many people would say go with the wheels first, and it is a tough call, but you will notice the extra torque from the shorter gearbox more than the lighter wheels (although they are great) and, if you go the open diff route, it's a lot cheaper.

The little things I notice a lot are the CDV delete (much better clutch feel), the TMS pedals (soooooo sharp), and the Wheelskins steering wheel cover (very nice)--in that order.
    Yeah I agree about the scratched interior pieces :/ hate it. I currently do have the apex fl5 wheels just put them on. The suspension seems great. I looked into it. The car overall is in great shape. I think the LSD is next going to look more into it

By the way. What a difference with the new wheels and tires. Night and day!!!!! Highly recommended

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast