Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Everything in my project thread.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Everything in my project thread.

Haha now we are talking!!! How many miles does yours have. Just feel bad putting a bunch of aftermarket parts on such a nice clean car

All mine are OEM, unless there was something better or not made by BMW. I'm at about 89K.

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I'd skip the Dinan goodies. I have a throttle body, intake, and tune and I couldnt even pull on a friends standard auto 330.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWM3186 View Post
    I'd skip the Dinan goodies. I have a throttle body, intake, and tune and I couldnt even pull on a friends standard auto 330.
    Well that’s good to know. That’s disappointing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have any data on how various 330's stack up against each other, but that might be a reflection of the automatic's shorter gearbox, which would strengthen the case for doing the same. Now, I'm NOT saying the shorter gearbox will necessarily get you to 60 faster but, in a given gear, it will pull harder, and it will get to higher speeds more quickly.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

LSD + wheels would be my recommendation for most noticeable performance gains. also a good tune.

edit: i see you already have done wheels.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoned1 View Post
    I don't have any data on how various 330's stack up against each other, but that might be a reflection of the automatic's shorter gearbox, which would strengthen the case for doing the same. Now, I'm NOT saying the shorter gearbox will necessarily get you to 60 faster but, in a given gear, it will pull harder, and it will get to higher speeds more quickly.
    I have a 3.38 rear end sitting in the garage waiting for a free weekend to go in the car. My rough math told me that it would result in ~10% more torque to the wheels, so making the stock 222 lb-ft feel like 244. Is that the feeling you got with the 3.38?

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I have a 3.38 rear end sitting in the garage waiting for a free weekend to go in the car. My rough math told me that it would result in ~10% more torque to the wheels, so making the stock 222 lb-ft feel like 244. Is that the feeling you got with the 3.38?
    I want to do this at some point. Which E46s have 3.38 from the factory?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I want to do this at some point. Which E46s have 3.38 from the factory?

I think all auto transmission non-zhp 330's. They have a sticker on top indicating the ratio. I got this one on eBay for like $150 shipped from California. It has almost 200k miles on it, but I just wanted something with the right input flange that I could swap in to see how I liked it.

If the 3.38 doesn't bother me on the highway, then I have a 3.46 from a 325i (wrong input flange) that I'll send off to MFactory to do their thing.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast