Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    What is the consensus on the lack of heated seats? That seams to be a deal breaker for lots of folks. Is it that big of a deal?

I want to bid to win but that is a slight reservation for me.

I otherwise wouldn’t care but being in the northeast, it is a concern.

On the contrary, this would be a garage queen / fair weather car, so I could get by without them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On the hunt for the cleanest lowest mileage ZHP sedan!

You can retrofit heated seats, but it’s getting harder to find a clean low milage sedan - not to mention one in an awesome color combination.

If it ticks all the other boxes, it would be difficult to pass up - I do love my heated seats, but I have a Vert in Nebraska
    2006 330Cic | Monaco Blue on Natural Brown | 6MT ZHP ZPP ZCP NAVI

One less thing to break...

The only thing I don't care for is the alcantara steering wheel, but I'd cover it, regardless.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Heated seats are critical for me in a convertible to increase top-down drivability here in the South from say 8 months per year to nearly 12 months per year. They are less critical with a coupe or a sedan. I think a lack of heated seats does impact value for coupes and sedans a bit, but the delta is really immaterial for a low-mileage car like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by illirep View Post
    What is the consensus on the lack of heated seats? That seams to be a deal breaker for lots of folks. Is it that big of a deal?

On the contrary, this would be a garage queen / fair weather car, so I could get by without them.

Along with heated seats, the CWP lets the rear seats fold down making it more applicable to daily driving, but if its going to be fair weather garage queen.......

Bill, heated-shmeated.

You have to get this car.

Quote Originally Posted by illirep View Post

It seems like your concern is with resale. If you intend to bid and own, and drive in fair weather, the lack of heated seats should not bother you.

If your concern is how difficult it's going to be to resell, then yes, take that into consideration.

i live in texas so i get to use my heated seats for about one week a year, but i still would not make that factor into this decision much even if i lived in a colder clime.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

sadly this car is just going to be bought, sat in a garage and driven another 5k in 1 year and then eventually resold. these cars tend to just get resold and change hands because people want and lust over that low mileage and resale value. They pretty much treat it as money.

if you really want heated seats its not easy but its not hard.

i retrofitted heated seats into my m3 seats in my sedan.

those seats in thet car are so mint that you obviously would keep the seat covers so you need to find a set of sport seats at the junk yard that have heated seats. get the seat covers from them and cut the heated seat elements out.

it takes me about 2 hours at the junk yard to get the seat covers off, use a razor to cut the threads that hold the heated seat elements to the seat covers.

you have to get them from sport seats. sport seats have an extra heated seat element in the thigh rest portion and comfort sets dont have that piece.

you can take your $10 heated seat elements with your seats to an upholstery shop and they can sew them in to your existing seat covers.

the seat covers are actually pretty easy to get off the seat frames.

there are plenty of DIYs and even a heated seat retrofit kit on ECS that comes with a new button panel that has all the buttons except sport button.. even the sunshade button... the wiring is pretty simple as well.

should take about 3-4 hours to do the wiring for the heated seats from the button panel to each seat under the carpet.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

i also get so amused at the people that own those low mileage cars. they need a ZHP "expert" to help write their draft of the car for the highest price possible. that means they know that most of the people that can afford this car wont know anything about the ZHP and just how common they are with the standard 330i.

look at the comment from the seller lol

Re: TheStigM3 and ZHP exhaust is the same as 330i…… We take the description provided with this auction very seriously. It was prepared by Mike Pelly and myself. After reading period literature with articles on the ZHP launch (included in the sale BTW), we had the draft proof read and edited by “the” BMW CCA national expert on the ZHP, just to ensure accuracy before submitting to BaT for consideration. Can we suggest some quick googling before ‘educating’ the BaT audience in the future? “ZHP exhaust differences” will net you 39,600 suggested links on the topic.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

I have been trying for over a year for this color. All the decent ones are bought up by the dealers and resold at a premium. When BAT started it was nice to buy a car at a decent price. Now those days are gone. eAG or someone Big will buy it and flip it for a huge profit. Sucks for the enthusiastic. Wish BAT could stop it. It has got out of hand. What a waste!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast