Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by 330itoy View Post
    I have been trying for over a year for this color. All the decent ones are bought up by the dealers and resold at a premium. When BAT started it was nice to buy a car at a decent price. Now those days are gone. eAG or someone Big will buy it and flip it for a huge profit. Sucks for the enthusiastic. Wish BAT could stop it. It has got out of hand. What a waste!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In its current condition and mileage it'd probably have to go into the $20K+ for it not to be a good buy. However, if it does go for only the $16.5K it's at right now i agree someone will be flipping it.

I have been trying for over a year for this color. All the decent ones are bought up by the dealers and resold at a premium. When BAT started it was nice to buy a car at a decent price. Now those days are gone. eAG or someone Big will buy it and flip it for a huge profit. Sucks for the enthusiastic. Wish BAT could stop it. It has got out of hand. What a waste!

Speaking of buying and selling, with the way BaT is trending i'd imagine it will be bought in the next year or two by one of the larger sites/dealers. Started locally out of San Fran they have grown to be a force in the business. Always fun to scroll through their listings.

As far as this car, it'll see 20K i'm sure.

I understand the sentiment since you are looking to buy, but I have never heard an owner complain about rising values. #sorrynotsorry

For what it is worth, higher mileage examples being sold elsewhere than BaT and EAG are usually bargains. And I am not referring to 200k mile cars either. I really only watch convertibles, and there is a 2006 grey/alcantara 6-speed with 65k miles on Autotrader right now for $9,995. That is a ridiculous deal, in my opinion (having not seen the car).

Quote Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
    I understand the sentiment since you are looking to buy, but I have never heard an owner complain about rising values. #sorrynotsorry
    Except the values aren't rising.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Except the values aren't rising.

I didn't suggest they were rising. I merely replied to 330itoy's suggestion that good examples are getting harder to find and that groups like EAG and BaT are causing values to rise. Which is a good thing for us owners, no?

I gather you have some insights about ZHP values. Care to share?

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    i also get so amused at the people that own those low mileage cars. they need a ZHP "expert" to help write their draft of the car for the highest price possible. that means they know that most of the people that can afford this car wont know anything about the ZHP and just how common they are with the standard 330i.

look at the comment from the seller lol
    I did find it somewhat funny that there were 3 people representing the car on BAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post

I gather you have some insights about ZHP values. Care to share?
    Well, they're 12+ years old now, and they're BMWs... And not collectible. And insurance won't pay you more than maybe $9k in case it gets totaled. Looking at it this way, you can get a current generation F30 for this price range. Whether it's a better car or not is irrelevant; this matters because the ZHP isn't a collectible.

The only ones that sell for more than $20k are the ones where the buyers care more about mileage than what makes financial sense. People know this, so they charge obscene amounts of money for the pristine ones, because they know that all they have to do is sit on the car for a while until someone with lots of disposable income and the desire for an old BMW comes along and buys it.

But, as far as values go, the only thing that matters is either what insurance is willing to pay for it, or how much of a loss you're willing to take when paying over it's value for one.

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

^ i agree with most of that but i must add i received a $16k payout for my totaled ZHP a year ago. an outlier, surely, but if you have maintenance and mods to back up additional value, it can help with insurance payouts.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    But, as far as values go, the only thing that matters is either what insurance is willing to pay for it, or how much of a loss you're willing to take when paying over it's value for one.

I have bought and sold probably 24+ cars in my 40 years of driving, and only BMWs for the past 20 years (no, I am not a dealer, just an enthusiast who wants to own certain cars even if only for a year or two!), and I have never considered what insurance would pay me if I totaled the car when making or accepting an offer. Am I the exception, or is it possibly that your view about insurance payouts are a serious factor in market values? Or am I reading too much into your comment?

up to $18k!
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast