Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shark Injector--Worth it?

I see quite a few cars with the Shark Injector mod. Does it make a noticeable difference in driving performance?
    My 2005 has no mods, 72,000 miles. It's great to drive but more HP is always better!

I have it in three cars: a 2004 330xi Steptronic, a 2005 330xi 6MT, and a 2004 330i ZHP 6MT. It is subtle but noticeable on all three cars (the ZHP least of all)--all three cars just run better. If you wait until the holiday sales season, you can probably pick one up for $300 or less (I recommend Turner Motorsport most of all). They're easy to install, reversible and, I'd say, definitely worth it.
    Last edited by Reasoned1; 06-20-2018 at 02:25 AM.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

I was trying to find a thread that was on this topic recently, but my google-fu was weak.

At any rate, I would not buy the Shark Injector for more power. Someone actually showed for them that it decreased power by a few horses on a dyno. I bought mine on a decent sale, like 30% off, and I still think it was worth it. Not for the supposed horsepower gain, but for the improved throttle response. I can tell the different between my car, and my father's ZHP coupe with 20k less miles.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I was trying to find a thread that was on this topic recently, but my google-fu was weak.
    I looked too and couldn't find it. I know I posted in that thread... Maybe it was deleted.

edit; Here it is on E46Fanatics: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...289&highlight= But I know it was also posted on ZHP Mafia somewhere.
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post

At any rate, I would not buy the Shark Injector for more power. Someone actually showed for them that it decreased power by a few horses on a dyno. I bought mine on a decent sale, like 30% off, and I still think it was worth it. Not for the supposed horsepower gain, but for the improved throttle response. I can tell the different between my car, and my father's ZHP coupe with 20k less miles.
    This one had some great info from two guys that found similar results -- the Shark tune is trash. I still love it for the increased throttle response, but boy am I disappointed with their "tune"

https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1224198

I am not very happy with Shark tune that I installed last summer. There are pretty much no diffirence with the stock software. In my understanding, it works the best on non ZHP cars. There are very interesting conversations on e46fanatics about this with data to support. Unfortunately for me, I discovered it once I purchased and installed the software.
    IMO, turner software is not worth the money.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I noticed a difference with the Shark as most report. Subtle, but a definite improvement.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

If you goal is more HP then I think under drive pulleys are the way to go and they’re about the same price. I don’t have them on my car but there are quite a few members who have had them for a while with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I noticed a difference with the Shark as most report. Subtle, but a definite improvement.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    This was my experience too
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Throttle response is better, especially off and back on the throttle when shifting gears. No seat-of-the-pants hp difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    17 X5D
    17 M2
    70 2002

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast