Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

New Angel Eyes Help

Ok guys so I searched online a lot before taping the wires. The angel eyes look badass but they just won’t turn off! I am almost 100% sure I tapped the right wire based on what it said online. What else could it be?

I have given it an hour and still don’t turn off.

... should’ve stayed stock... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is been a while. Did you also wire through the footwell in order to have switchable control.? Maybe that part is messed up.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

No i didn’t. I didn’t know I had to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Fasteddie222 View Post
    No i didn’t. I didn’t know I had to do that

I don't remember exactly, but you tap one wire in the fuse box so that it only gets power when the car is on. The other wirr you tap into is the footwell light on the passenger side so that the angel eyes come on with the footwell lights - aka when you lock unlock or open the cars doors.

My guess is you maybe tapped into the wrong wire? Sometimes they stay on after a long drive, but it's just extra power being displaced and they go off after 5 min. An hour is definitely overkill

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Just an FYI, I recently disconnected the wire to the passenger footwell light. After a while it gets very annoying when you need to do some work in the car with the lights on and it drains your battery.
    -Jeff | '19 JGC WK2

Sold: '03 ZHP

"There is a straight six engine at the front, a manual gear box in the middle, and drive goes to the back. That's page one, chapter one from the petrolsexual handbook." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Whammy View Post
    Just an FYI, I recently disconnected the wire to the passenger footwell light. After a while it gets very annoying when you need to do some work in the car with the lights on and it drains your battery.
    Just push the button on the interior dome light and they turn off

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    ~Rob~

Everywhere I’ve read online it says to tap it into the red wire with the yellow dotted lines like my picture. So weird that it didn’t work for my car

Quote Originally Posted by Fasteddie222 View Post
    Everywhere I’ve read online it says to tap it into the red wire with the yellow dotted lines like my picture. So weird that it didn’t work for my car

This is what I used a long time ago when I first installed mine.

http://www.khoalty.com/blog/e46-angel-eye-install/
    ~Rob~

The system is supposed to shutdown after a period of time ( interior lights too) but sometimes this doesn't happen. I've had my angel eyes stay on for quite a long period of time then next time I shut off the car they are fine
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

New Angel Eyes Help

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    The system is supposed to shutdown after a period of time ( interior lights too) but sometimes this doesn't happen. I've had my angel eyes stay on for quite a long period of time then next time I shut off the car they are fine
    The interior lights turn of. Just don’t understand why they stay on. Maybe it’s a bad relay. I’m going to disconnect the battery for about an hour and connect it back see if that resets the ECU.

...Maybe my ECU just likes to PARTY and never go to sleep.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast