Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'll verify the wire mine are connected to when I get home tonight...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I'll verify the wire mine are connected to when I get home tonight...
    The other thing I could think of is that the wire for the ECU might not be connected somehow. So if it’s connected only to the positive and negative it’ll stay on and nothing it’s telling it to turn off..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I'll check and see what plug it's in too...

EDIT: here are the instructions for my latest set. It would appear that you do have the correct wire...
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/19...04859294682878
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Have we completely ruled out a spooky ghost?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Um, that would be an angel?
    H&R sport springs,

Lol to both!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

You are tapped into the correct wire but maybe redo that connection because this is the switch on and off wire, not the main voltage.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

To me the "Red" wire at the ECU looks like it should go to the battery terminal, constant 12v.

Wiring AE's you basically have the following.

- 12v constant (Red)
    - Ground (Black)
    - Trigger wire (Yellow)

- Trigger wire (White)

Depending on the brand of AE's the trigger wires vary. Usually they are "Yellow" and "White".
    Sometimes they are "Brown" and "Red". They are typically the small gauge wire.

The relay has constant 12 volts and ground, the trigger wire is basically the switched "ON" power to the relay. So the trigger wire that is tapped to the Red/Yellow wire at the ECU is always "ON" with the ignition. The second trigger wire goes to the footwell lighting to give fade on/off effect.

The diagram with the "SPST Switch" is an option for an On/Off switch inside the cabin. I have one installed so I can shut off my AE's when desired.

It is possible the relay is bad. Good Luck...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

This is where mine connects. It's the red wire. Connected to the red with white stripe and yellow bands. The rest is wired a little different than yours because my angel eyes have two colors.

If it seems to be wired correctly and still not turning off you can try this alternate wire below. This my tap for the water pump on my supercharger cooling circuit. It does the same thing: on & off with key.

H&R sport springs,

Im interested in what you find the solution to be. Also thank you for posting a picture of a silbergrau with glossblack grill and angel eyes. Now I know what mine will look like when I complete these mods and I cannot wait
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast