Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I’m not saying there isn’t a difference, I’m saying the benefits won’t be reaped on 15 year old 35w ballasts, 15 year old reflector bowls frosted lenses, and projectors most light snobs say are garbage. I don’t mean to get into a debate, it’s just based on my time spent over at HID Planet. There certainly is a difference between the bulbs.
    I know I've had quite a bit of a difference, but I've had my projectors swapped to FX-R's, which are significantly better than the stock ZKW projectors. I'd never put those pieces of burning out garbage back in my car ever again!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Here is a vid of the Phillips bulbs and the Osram CBB

https://youtu.be/WtLKpf_IYTs

I currently have the Phillips 85122 and while they are a nice OE bulb I would not buy them again

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I know I've had quite a bit of a difference, but I've had my projectors swapped to FX-R's, which are significantly better than the stock ZKW projectors. I'd never put those pieces of burning out garbage back in my car ever again!
    Ah yes, I forgot you ditched the ZKWs. I’d say the difference in coin is better invested on FX-Rs (are they up to version 3.0 yet?) than the bulbs, but that’s just my opinion lol. ZKWs have such horrible hot-spotting. My ALs are better than the ZKW, and can be halfway decent with clear lenses and a cutoff shield mod, but they’re still not superb.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Ah yes, I forgot you ditched the ZKWs. I’d say the difference in coin is better invested on FX-Rs (are they up to version 3.0 yet?) than the bulbs, but that’s just my opinion lol. ZKWs have such horrible hot-spotting. My ALs are better than the ZKW, and can be halfway decent with clear lenses and a cutoff shield mod, but they’re still not superb.
    Bruh...
    FX-R's are at v4 now. lol

I have v1's that I got for free from Charlie. Thanks Charlie!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Can you provide me with a product link?? I dont wanna buy the wrong set for the one you recommended lol

-Daniel
    OEM BMW Performance (Missing cams and seats)
    LEVEL ONE // Euro Techniks
    Auto -> 6 Speed complete

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    It is a good idea to replace hid bulbs in pairs - not just 1.

The standard bulbs have always been the Phillips 85122 or the Osram 66240 but if your budget allows for a bit more, the Osram CBI have always been a top contender.

If you do order from Lightwekrz, first time customers get 15% off. (Welcome15) is the promo code
    +1 in doing them in pairs. My lights were very, very dim to the point where the street lights were brighter than my headlights. Figured it was due to the burnt bowls. Then, the drivers side went out. Replaced both and the increase in light output was amazing!!!

Besides, doing it is a royal pain in the rear especially if you have the cold weather package/headlight washers. Ugh...

For the record, I got the Miyamoto Musashi 5500’s. (Actually, can’t remember the exact name). Extra points to anyone here who can guess who he really is.

Happy motoring and be safe all.
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

I don't login here often, but I do have a spare Phillips OEM xenon bulb if anyone needs it.

As for the burnt 'bowls' I had that problem originally too... I upgraded both of my headlights to the non-zkw assemblies with incredible results. The leftover bulb was from the ZKW... the bulb was fine, the housing was just crap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12