Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ride stance and profile with new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S at 245/40 all the way around

Not quite stock height due to installment of new H&R sport springs but it's not much lower.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

SWEEEEET! Any spacers?
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoned1 View Post
    SWEEEEET! Any spacers?
    no spacers as of yet. I'll determine that need when I receive the car. Most likely will throw some in the rear....

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Staggered is there to promote understeer which is there to make it easier for the avg driver to control the car. Of course it's to the driver's preference as to what they are looking for.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have a coupe. When i bought it, previous owner had square setup (225 and 8in rim all around). I threw on some 235 all around and drove it like that for 4 years. A couple months ago I tracked down an original staggered setup, and TBH I much prefer the staggered. Yes the square setup was more neutral, even had a bit of oversteer, but it was also more prone to wandering on the highway. I have a 3.38 diff and found the rears would break loose easily (obviously not an issue if u do 255 all around). I can see the square beinng a benefit for tire rotation and for autocrossing, but having run both swtups, id choose staggered for its looks and overall stability. Considering much more powerful cars than ours (like the m3) still run 225 in the front, maybe we shuld consider throwing more rubber in the front may cause more issues than it solves (unless u never drive on a highway and ur commute is an autocross course)

I just listed 2 sets of 12mm spacers for sale if anyone is (or wants to run square) and have a little extra width in the rear.

Square. I run 245/35 which a lot of people do. Mine are 18x8.5. Thinking of putting in small spacer in rear w my Apex EC-7 at ET 38.

What PSI are you running in the tires with this square setup?

I usually run 34 pounds all around--I love the square set-up. The staggered set-up does seem more stable, but the square set-up with 245's is more dynamic and fun to me--with all the other practical benefits.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

I do 38 all around but I don't have any magical reason why.

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    I do 38 all around but I don't have any magical reason why.

+1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast