Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I have 34psi on my 245/40 square. I tried 38psi but it was too harsh for MI roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

I've read accounts of members having to use 34psi or less for more even tread wear, That's why I started, and I like the handling.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Ok I’m about to switch over to a square setup and deciding on tire size. I’m looking for some comfort and stability. From what I read on here 245/40 is a good option, but a staggered setup will offer better stability ?

What do you mean by stability? Adding front tire by going square will dial-out some of the factory understeer so that would create instability using your definition.

Quote Originally Posted by nsk040 View Post
    What do you mean by stability? Adding front tire by going square will dial-out some of the factory understeer so that would create instability using your definition.
    I was referencing what was written by this member.

Quote Originally Posted by TKZHP View Post
    I have a coupe. When i bought it, previous owner had square setup (225 and 8in rim all around). I threw on some 235 all around and drove it like that for 4 years. A couple months ago I tracked down an original staggered setup, and TBH I much prefer the staggered. Yes the square setup was more neutral, even had a bit of oversteer, but it was also more prone to wandering on the highway. I have a 3.38 diff and found the rears would break loose easily (obviously not an issue if u do 255 all around). I can see the square beinng a benefit for tire rotation and for autocrossing, but having run both swtups, id choose staggered for its looks and overall stability. Considering much more powerful cars than ours (like the m3) still run 225 in the front, maybe we shuld consider throwing more rubber in the front may cause more issues than it solves (unless u never drive on a highway and ur commute is an autocross course)
    I'm going with a square setup and after reading this informative article https://motoiq.com/how-to-properly-s...performance/4/
    the best tire choice for my new square setup (apex arc8 18x8.5) is 235 40 18

Quote Originally Posted by d-rod View Post
    I was referencing what was written by this member.

I'm going with a square setup and after reading this informative article https://motoiq.com/how-to-properly-s...performance/4/
    the best tire choice for my new square setup (apex arc8 18x8.5) is 235 40 18
    Square setup on the ZHP is life. This was without question my favorite upgrade I did on my car.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    Square setup on the ZHP is life. This was without question my favorite upgrade I did on my car.
    What tire size are you running on yours?

I’m probably going with the new Michelin PS4S

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Apex Arc-8’s 17x8.5 Square – Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/17

The Derbo special.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234