Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Kit is installed. Will report back when more miles are put on it.

Did use the clutch tool btw

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Kit is installed. Will report back when more miles are put on it.

Did use the clutch tool btw

Looking forward to the results! Keep us posted.
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

Update: I replaced the D4 ATF with MT90, and the chatter has improved slightly. Enough for me to say it’s noticeable, but not enough to say it’s as quiet as the OEM DMF/SAC.

I do not think it’s enough of an improvement to recommend you guys/gals up north do it and then have to suffer through winter.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Update: I replaced the D4 ATF with MT90, and the chatter has improved slightly. Enough for me to say it’s noticeable, but not enough to say it’s as quiet as the OEM DMF/SAC.

I do not think it’s enough of an improvement to recommend you guys/gals up north do it and then have to suffer through winter.
    I recently switched from AKG 95A poly diff bushings to OE Lemförder ones when I put in the LSD. All the extra drivetrain noise that was introduced to the car when I put the SMF kit in is now gone. The chatter remains, but at least all the sounds that made my car sound like a loose POS is gone. It's amazing how much the SMF kit aggravated the drivetrain's NVH levels; I had the poly bushings with my DMF setup and was perfectly content...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I recently switched from AKG 95A poly diff bushings to OE Lemförder ones when I put in the LSD. All the extra drivetrain noise that was introduced to the car when I put the SMF kit in is now gone. The chatter remains, but at least all the sounds that made my car sound like a loose POS is gone. It's amazing how much the SMF kit aggravated the drivetrain's NVH levels; I had the poly bushings with my DMF setup and was perfectly content...
    Well shit, the only poly in my car are the rear shifter bushing and (I think, I can’t remember what all Peterman did offhand) the RTABs. All the other rubber components are fresh.

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

I have 2 bottles of MT90 but did not get a chance to do a drain/and refill yet on the car. Sketchi is still on rubber bushings ( engine/trans )but from the E46 M3

The car did develop a new sound recently that sounds like a baseball card in the spokes of a bicycle.

Soo far the kit grabs nice and is easy to drive. However some days the noise from the gearbox is annoying and makes me miss the stock set-up

I have 2 bottles of MT90 but did not get a chance to do a drain/and refill yet on the car. Sketchi is still on rubber bushings ( engine/trans )but from the E46 M3

The car did develop a new sound recently that sounds like a baseball card in the spokes of a bicycle.

Soo far the kit grabs nice and is easy to drive. However some days the noise from the gearbox is annoying and makes me miss the stock set-up
    I have the exact same issue. It doesn’t start ticking until 2k RPM on the nose in every gear. I’ve also noticed if I apply even the slightest of pressure (as if I was merely resting my foot on the clutch pedal) the sound disappears. I’m thinking it’s either (a) the fork rattling against the metal pivot pin, or an issue with my clutch master cylinder possibly creating some kind of rattle against the fork. The reason I don’t suspect it’s the throwout bearing is because it’s absent below 2k RPM, but I’ve been wrong before.

I have the exact same issue. It doesn’t start ticking until 2k RPM on the nose in every gear. I’ve also noticed if I apply even the slightest of pressure (as if I was merely resting my foot on the clutch pedal) the sound disappears. I’m thinking it’s either (a) the fork rattling against the metal pivot pin, or an issue with my clutch master cylinder possibly creating some kind of rattle against the fork. The reason I don’t suspect it’s the throwout bearing is because it’s absent below 2k RPM, but I’ve been wrong before.
    Well then glad to hear I am not the only one. That noise to me is more annoying then what is transmitted from the transmission.

I am also using the metal pin and the slave cylinder has 178k on it. And honestly the valeo throwout bearing looked kinda cheap so I would not toss it out of the question.

Well then glad to hear I am not the only one. That noise to me is more annoying then what is transmitted from the transmission.

I am also using the metal pin and the slave cylinder has 178k on it. And honestly the valeo throwout bearing looked kinda cheap so I would not toss it out of the question.
    The sound is absolutely more annoying, because it’s quite loud. But the bellhousing is essentially an acoustic chamber full of nothing but air and metal pieces.

I’ll try the cylinder eventually and test it out, but I suspect it’s nothing serious because of how smoothly everything actually drives.

What about raising the idle to help with the noise ?

The sound is absolutely more annoying, because it’s quite loud. But the bellhousing is essentially an acoustic chamber full of nothing but air and metal pieces.

I’ll try the cylinder eventually and test it out, but I suspect it’s nothing serious because of how smoothly everything actually drives.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast