Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    And honestly the valeo throwout bearing looked kinda cheap so I would not toss it out of the question.
    Eh? The one I got looked beefy as hell... looked like an all metal housing.

This one:
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Can the slave’s dowel thingy (technical term, I know) be adjusted/does it not press out as far as it ages? It almost seems like it’s not making contact with the fork when my foot is off the clutch, and the lack of pressure allows the rattling. Idk, but for $60 I’m willing to try it out—I’m tried of people looking at me weird when I’m going through the neighborhood or a parking lot.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Bumping an old thread but are those of you running this setup still satisfied with it? Any solutions to the noise or 'it is what it is'.

Also I read this flywheel isn't marketed as lightweight in any way, but is there any weight advantage to it over stock? Anyone notice quicker revs, ect.

Thanks

I've run with mine now for about 30,000 miles... same as it was--no chatter but clunks if I release too abruptly in lower gears.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Quote Originally Posted by Thatguy_JZ View Post
    Bumping an old thread but are those of you running this setup still satisfied with it? Any solutions to the noise or 'it is what it is'.

Also I read this flywheel isn't marketed as lightweight in any way, but is there any weight advantage to it over stock? Anyone notice quicker revs, ect.

Thanks
    Exact same weight as stock. The only reason it might feel quicker to rev is because of the rubberband feeling of a worn DMF.

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoned1 View Post
    I've run with mine now for about 30,000 miles... same as it was--no chatter but clunks if I release too abruptly in lower gears.
    I’m only about 10k on mine and 4 track days but my opinion hasn’t changed either. I changed from D4 ATF to a heavier MT90 and it helped the chatter a little bit, but I realize that’s not an option for you guys up north.

It drives great, but really wish I’d stuck with the nylon pivot pin because I think the metal pin is the source of some of my non-idle rattling. Gonna replace the slave cylinder once it warms up to see if it helps keep better pressure on the fork.

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Thanks guys. I'm gonna run MTL in my trans so I'll see how that does. Hopefully I don't need to go here yet but if it turns out my rear main is the source of my leak I'm gonna tackle it all while I'm in there. I'm at 140k on believed stock clutch. I already have some light chatter at idle that goes away when I push the clutch but it doesn't really bother me.

704sw I saw your car at the Jzilla event back in July. My friends were running a Green CRX and Marlboro livery Alfa. Your car caught my eye man, looks good!

I'm running MTL... probably should've switched to D4. It's a little stiff when cold but loosens up in a matter of minutes. Have you tried ST205 in hopes of stopping your rear main leak?
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Quote Originally Posted by Thatguy_JZ View Post
    Thanks guys. I'm gonna run MTL in my trans so I'll see how that does. Hopefully I don't need to go here yet but if it turns out my rear main is the source of my leak I'm gonna tackle it all while I'm in there. I'm at 140k on believed stock clutch. I already have some light chatter at idle that goes away when I push the clutch but it doesn't really bother me.

704sw I saw your car at the Jzilla event back in July. My friends were running a Green CRX and Marlboro livery Alfa. Your car caught my eye man, looks good!
    Thanks! And yea definitely do it all while you’re in there. I’m still mad at myself for not replacing my starter when I did my clutch (it died a few weeks later).

The Jzilla group seems really great. I’m hoping to get to a few events with them soonish, but most of the places they run (Road Atlanta, AMP, etc.) are places I don’t think I’ll drive until I have a dedicated track car—too many concrete walls for my comfort in the Unicorn.

I’ll have to go back through my pictures from that day, I probably have some of your friends’ cars. The Marlboro livery was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Exact same weight as stock. The only reason it might feel quicker to rev is because of the rubberband feeling of a worn DMF.

I’m only about 10k on mine and 4 track days but my opinion hasn’t changed either. I changed from D4 ATF to a heavier MT90 and it helped the chatter a little bit, but I realize that’s not an option for you guys up north.

It drives great, but really wish I’d stuck with the nylon pivot pin because I think the metal pin is the source of some of my non-idle rattling. Gonna replace the slave cylinder once it warms up to see if it helps keep better pressure on the fork.
    What noise do you think the metal pin is responsible for ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    What noise do you think the metal pin is responsible for ?
    A metal on metal rattle that appears at exactly 2000rpm in every gear. It hasn’t gotten any worse with more miles, the pedal feels fine, and it doesn’t change in pitch/speed as the revs go up, which is why I don’t think it’s the throwout bearing.

If I put a very slight amount of pressure on the clutch pedal it goes away (basically holding the fork tightly against the pivot pin), which is why I’m going to try changing the slave cylinder. My very unscientific guess (I’m literally spitballing here) is the part circled in green below is retracting too far into the unit when the pedal is released:

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast