Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

No Crank/No Start

Hi All,

I recently started having this issue where the car would not start. Not an issue with the batter, I tested /recharged it and even tried a new battery with no luck.

All the light comes in but the car would now crank. I hear. I clocking or anything when I try to turn the key. This has been happening multiple times now for the past week where it would not crank/start and after a day or so it would start Just fine.

I have 2 keys plus the valet key. I think one of the diamond key may be dead since it doesn’t lock/unlock, but the other does and that’s the one I’ve been using to start the car.

I did some research on this issue and most point to replacing the key. My question is if it was the key, wouldn’t the valet let start the car? Don’t want to rush and get a new key when it may be something else.

Reset the keys. Have the battery checked and the starter.

The car will start with a dead key. The immoblizer ring is a different story
    Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)