Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

E93-E93 335is - successor to the ZHP?

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    So...not reliable at all. Got it. Carry on.
    M54 and N54, even though just one letter off, are night and day in terms of reliability. That’s at least my experience.
    I know they made an F32 435 zhp. I’d be very curious to know how close that comes to the spirit of the e46 zhp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Most likely, HPFP failures have already occurred on the older cars. Other issues with the n54 are waste gate rattle on the turbos, failing injectors and the common BMW gasket failure. The electric water pump is a $1500 replacement at the dealership but I've done that in the 135 and it was just as easy as replacing say, an alternator or power steering pump. It's just another accessory hanging off the engine.
    As far as walnut blasting, yes this is periodic maintenance on this engine as well as any engine with direct injection although you hear about it more on the n54 for some reason...
    Quote Originally Posted by BCS_ZHP View Post
    BP, I think the HPFP warranty is 10 years, but the wording states it only covers thru model year 2010, so in essence it’s only until 2020, 2 more years. I believe that’s because they swapped to N55 in model year 2011 on everything except the 335is which was built from 2011-2013. And that’s what was the bone of contention when I called BMW NA, I had to work up their chain of command before I found someone willing to support the real intent of their HPFP warranty for the N54 vice the exact way it’s currently worded.
    Great info Bruce, Rob!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    So...not reliable at all. Got it. Carry on.
    I wouldn't say that the N54 isn't reliable. Kristen's 135 was putting out close to 500 HP for about 6 years of ownership... no issues other than the maintenance issues I mentioned. Some dealers will goodwill things that are known issues like injectors
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I wouldn't say that the N54 isn't reliable. Kristen's 135 was putting out close to 500 HP for about 6 years of ownership... no issues other than the maintenance issues I mentioned. Some dealers will goodwill things that are known issues like injectors
    You just have to stay on top of a few basic things and shouldn't have to worry. The gaskets were already done by Kristen before I got the car so it should be fine for a few years. Walnut blasting isn't hard or that expensive either, just need a few tools that you can buy for cheap online. 3D printing is great for these special tools btw.

Fingers crossed that I don't have any major issues. Just regular maintenance items like plugs, coil packs and oil changes
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Kristen just replaced the coils shortly before you bought it, Also, it only has a few thousand miles since the last walnut blast. New plugs are in that box of 135 goodies I sent you Yer GTG my friend!
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    The gaskets were already done by Kristen before I got the car so it should be fine for a few years.
    What gaskets are we talking about ?
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    What gaskets are we talking about ?
    Primarily the oil filter housing gasket, its a known failure point just like the ZHP. If BMW would just use viton gaskets this wouldn't be an issue....

Rob, that's good to know about the coils I was thinking about getting a set to have on hand but I think I'll wait a bit and do some research to see if there is anything aftermarket better than OEM. If I know Kristen, she probably went OEM on the coils which is perfect.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

The usual suspects:
    OFHG VCG oil pan gasket
    H&R sport springs,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123