Quote Originally Posted by wstr75 View Post
There are numerous reasons for the low selling price of this ZHP convertible. I've known folks who sold seemingly valuable stuff for low prices and here are some their reasons:
a.Divorce. Usually the reason is to HURT the other party.
b.Death. Usually the family member tagged with task of being executor reaches their breaking point either from getting guff from other family members, overcome with grief plus all the details to be handled and they just want to make it happen NOW.
c. There are issues with the car, the title, whatever and they just want it out of their yard SOON.
d. An argument happened between a husband-wife, father-son, mother-daughter, etc. and the person in power is putting it to the person not in power but needing the car to make a point. This time of year I've seen freaky things happen with parents and college age children when the grades come in and the word comes down maybe the car needs to go away before the fall semester BEGINS.
e. Back to the death thing, usually the surviving spouse keeps their departed spouse's cherished possessions because it is a way of keeping the memory alive of good times they had in this convertible. Sometimes the opposite logic occurs where the memories are so painful with the loss that keeping this cherished possession is too hurtful so they want to immediately eliminate their PAIN.

I knew of a Corvette that went for 50% of KBB trade-in value because the widow could not stand the pain of seeing the car. I've witnessed several divorces where humongous value losses were taken for the sake of pissing off the former husband/wife. I've also seen numerous property discounts occur because family members want their money NOW and consequently saw this lead to non-optimal value received for the farm, the house, the cars, guns, etc. in the estate. I've also seen some amazing stuff happen between parents and college age children. As Roseanne Roseannadanna said, "its always something"!

It would be interesting to learn what was the reason for the outlier discount for this ZHP convertible. Hopefully a ZHP enthusiast bought it and shows up on the ZHP Mafia forum with a great story about how they got a great condition car at a great deal because of an interesting set of circumstances.
These are interesting points. I'm really curious as well about what the situation was.