Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

FS: 2004 330i ZHP Sedan: 6SPD Imola/Black Leather

2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    Car is sold. Congrats to the new owner Jeff on his second ZHP. Enjoy!

VIN: WBAEV53404KM06242
    Year: 2004
    Make: BMW
    Model: 330i ZHP Sedan
    Price: $8,300
    Mileage: 147,XXX miles
    Transmission type: 6-speed manual
    Body Type: Sedan
    Color: Imola red over black leather (1 of 388 with 6-spd between 2003-2005)
    Packages: Performance package, cold weather (heated front seats, fold down rear seats), leather, xenon, black cube trim, Harmon-Kardon audio, glass moonroof, homelink, no navigation
    Title status: Clean Nebraska title, no lien, in my name

For sale is my beloved ZHP. I’ve owned this car for ~8 years and added some 80k+ miles during my tenure as the 3rd owner. It has been a great car, reliable and is ready for a road trip anywhere. As you may already know the ZHP represents an excellent balance of practicality and performance; it makes a fantastic dual purpose/daily driver. This example is accident free and in great condition. I maintain my cars with long term ownership intent and as an engineer I am keenly aware of and maintain ‘mechanical sympathy’ to ensure longevity. I am a longtime BMW CCA member and have owned three different e46 chassis BMW’s over the last 18 years always having at least one in the garage during that span so I am well versed with this generation of 3 series cars. Recent M2 purchase creates an over-crowded garage and I won’t allow the ZHP to sit outside and collect dust or bird droppings on my watch.

This ZHP has service records dating back from new and I purchased the car from Enthusiast Auto Group in 2010. It has been well maintained with proper oil changes (at ~1/2 factory intervals and using Mobil 1 + BG products MOA additive), gearbox, differential, coolant, brake fluid changes, spark plugs, etc. done mostly by myself or via the expert technicians at European Auto Tech in Lincoln, NE. I’ve logged routine services in the manual and kept receipts for work done, parts purchased, etc. I have the original window sticker, manuals, etc. with the car as well.

The car is largely original except for a few minor upgrades. Audio system is original H-K with a single disc Business CD player and an older aftermarket DICE module to integrate an iPhone or iPod device for audio which works well with factory steering wheel controls, etc. The suspension has been upgraded with Koni Sport single adjustable shocks/struts with stock springs. I’ve added Ground Control camber plates to the front for adjustability to enhance tire life and handling balance on the track. It also has a 26mm M3 front sway bar sourced from an automotive recycler with new drop links and bushings at the time. Brake pads are Akebono ceramics for their low dust properties. Otherwise, the car is as-delivered from the factory. Yes, it has been on the track (gasp! ) and has been maintained at a high level for safety and reliability as-such. I’m a BMW CCA HPDE instructor for the last 10+ years and the ZHP makes an excellent choice to enjoy on the track, canyons and backroads or for your daily commute.

Included with the car at the listed price is a second set of wheels (OEM ’95 M3 17” wheels) shod with Michelin x-ice snow tires in a 235/40-17 size. They have 1 season of use on them (new last fall) and should be good for at least 2 more winters, perhaps more. The original wheels have Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires in a +0 sizing (235 front and 265 rear instead of the original 225/255 sized set up front/rear) on them with ~50% life remaining. No curb rash exists on the wheels and they have never been refinished. They are not bent or cracked and show minor patina consistent with age. The car has a mini-spare and all jack/tools are present and accounted for. I have both the front license plate delete trim piece and the factory front license plate holder for the car. No screws/holes into the front bumper for those lucky enough to not need a front plate!

Condition:
    The car is in well above average condition, maintained by an enthusiast. It has no significant dings or scratches other than a small scratch on the trunk lid which is quite minor (see photo). I had the front bumper painted a couple of years back to refresh based on typical wear and tear via a premium body shop specializing in high-end work. Paint match is perfect, no orange peel, no discerning the bumper from other panels in any light or angle. It was quality work and really refreshed the often tired looking nose of a ZHP.
    Interior is in really nice condition. Typical wear points are detailed in photographs and do not show signs of abuse. Seats are in excellent condition showing much better than most, lower mile, examples and have been treated regularly with Lexol. Steering wheel is also excellent with the original alcantara in nice shape. It has not been recovered, just well maintained. Many people think these steering wheels are a burden or ‘fail’ quickly. I don’t agree with that, just need to clean them properly/periodically to keep them nice which is simple and easy to do. I love the feel of the alcantara so this is a small price to pay in my mind. The sunroof sunshade auto-retract has made some noise so I manually retract the shade before exercising the sunroof to avoid a more serious issue. I removed the material from the a-pillar due to delamination and have been happy with the resulting appearance as-is. Headliner and C pillars are well affixed and in great shape. The car comes from a non-smoking background, no evidence of smoking inside the car.

I replaced both headlamps due to original ZKW units suffering the common reflector bowl failure issue. At the time this happened to me, service kits were not available so complete assemblies were sourced and replaced the originals. As such, headlight lenses are in fine condition. One of the fog light lenses is cracked. All exterior lights, signals, lamps work as designed. All BMW recalls have been completed.
    Under the hood is clean, well-kept and stock. No corrosion is evident on fasteners, hood latches, etc. In general, the car shows very nicely. Door jambs, etc. are all in fine shape. Under the car is also in great shape with only minor surface corrosion as evident in photos. Jack points are all solid and without rust.

Throughout its life, cooling system components have been replace in a preventive mode. (i.e. no catastrophic failures) Expansion tank, thermostat/housing, water pump, hoses have all been done and are documented in the receipts as-such. Oil change was just completed and I also replaced the rear parking brake shoes and adjusted the lever. Oil consumption on the M54 engine is minimal, approximately 1 quart consumed with each ~7,500 miles which has been consistent over my ownership of the car. Window regulators are all in good shape, no abnormal noises. Having owned 3 e46’s, replacement of regulators is something I’m familiar with.

I’m happy to help facilitate transport for and work with remote buyers. I’ve sold several cars in the past to distant buyers including shipping a Porsche 356 to Germany as well as picking up a buyer at the airport to drive his new-to-him vintage car home after shuttling it to a local shop for fresh tires and service at his request. I have contacts for shipping companies I’ve worked with in the past and can put a buyer in contact with them if desired. I’m a reputable private seller and a consummate car guy.

Contact me with questions:
    email: chet DOT dawes AT gmail DOT com
    mobile phone: Four Zero Two Six One Three Zero Zero Two Five
    Car is located in Lincoln, NE. Fly into LNK or OMA for easiest airports.

Name:  ZHP Garage.jpg
Views: 1226
Size:  1.01 MBName:  ZHP Under Hood_3.jpg
Views: 1082
Size:  820.7 KBName:  ZHP Hood_1.jpg
Views: 1082
Size:  994.6 KB
    Name:  ZHP Driveway_Front Quarter.jpg
Views: 1099
Size:  1.21 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images                           
    Last edited by cdawes; 07-22-2018 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Sold.

More photos
    Attached Images Attached Images                         

Stellar car. This car is what motivated me to buy our first ZHP. GLWS.

Carfax is clean and supports service records for the car. Attached here.
    Many more service record details available.

CARFAX_ZHP.pdf

Car is super clean. GLWS

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Picture of the e36 M3 wheels and snow tires on the car (included with sale).

Name:  ZHP Winter Wheels_1.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  392.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by cdawes View Post
    Picture of the e36 M3 wheels and snow tires on the car (included with sale).

Name:  ZHP Winter Wheels_1.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  392.1 KB
    Great looking vehicle and priced right.
    I actually like the look with those e36 wheels.

GLWS

Very nice car. GLWS
    2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Interlagous Blue | Maritime dash and console trim | 6MT
    UUC short shifter, Euro cats, CSL Euro headers, Evolve CSL Intake and tune, TC Klein Smart Design Double Adjustable Coilovers, Dinan strut brace, CDV Delete, ZHP shift knob, Arkym splitter and spoiler, WPC Bearings, ARP rod bolts, Apex Arc-8, VAC Pump Upgrade, Bluebus

beautiful, should move quickly at that price. GLWS.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast