Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Infamous P0102, Is it the MAF?

2005 330Ci ZHP, 100K miles, w/constant P0102, "MAF Circuit Low Voltage Input"

I had to replace the starter and while there also replaced everything air intake related, since randomly I would get P0102's. I replaced CCV, gaskets, IAC, tubes, rebuilt the DISA, etc. I now have a fast start and super smooth idle. Sadly I now have a always present P0102, with a transmission warning, presumably because of the 102. Listening and brake cleaner tests seem to indicate no vacuum leaks. I've also noticed the displayed air temperature, which I believe is measured in the MAF, shows 26 deg F here in July. I did verified 12V power is getting to the MAF, after that I have no idea what to test or measure, w/o getting some scanner I need a PhD to use.

So, any help appreciated on :

- Is there any practical troubleshooting for this 6 wire MAF? (Forum searches not helping too much)
    - If isolated to the MAF, or just punting and assuming it's bad, any recommendation on what to get, VDO ($300) vs BMW, ($420), or something else?
    - How do I tell which DME systems I have, 43 or 45.1, both seem to have a 6 bpin MAF.
    - where can I find a connector identifier and pinout drawing of the DME?

Thanks
    Last edited by lgf540; 07-13-2018 at 01:34 PM.