Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I bought Rhino Ramps from Auto Zone, made sure to get the ones that were rated for higher GVW. only used them once so can't speak to quality/longevity but they got the job done for a basic oil change.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by FungShui View Post
    Race Ramp is great for general maintenance for the ZHP and girlfriend's TDI.

I personally hate jacking up the car and will be looking into getting a Quickjack this year.
    +1 on the Race Ramps and the QuickJack system. The race ramps are very durable, perfectly sized, and tend not to slip. On the QuickJack, I went with the 7,000 lb model, and it's perfect, too (not too heavy IMO).
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    Honestly I get giddy watching a car go up a lift because of how easy most maintenance instantly becomes. Just watching the 135 go on a lift today to peek under it I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Still an investment, but anyone serious about car ownership can probably justify it in the long run, even a half lift. Get a rolly chair!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Yeah for me. It's when I'm doing some sort of DIY that requires pulling/shaking something and the car is like moving like crazy. I'm always wondering how the hell I did this with the car on jack stands and didn't die lol

Just the other day I was telling JR that one my friends was working on his car on jack stands (happened awhile back) and told me to come by to help. The car was already jacked up and he was already under there and working. Then I heard like an eerie sound like something was going to break. I just grabbed his legs and pulled lol Then the car fell. I forgot what happened, but I think it was the plastic jack pad broke and the weight shifted. Ever since then, I swear it traumatized me lol Even with my lift now. I make sure that shit is good before I go under there lol

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Yeah for me. It's when I'm doing some sort of DIY that requires pulling/shaking something and the car is like moving like crazy. I'm always wondering how the hell I did this with the car on jack stands and didn't die lol

Just the other day I was telling JR that one my friends was working on his car on jack stands (happened awhile back) and told me to come by to help. The car was already jacked up and he was already under there and working. Then I heard like an eerie sound like something was going to break. I just grabbed his legs and pulled lol Then the car fell. I forgot what happened, but I think it was the plastic jack pad broke and the weight shifted. Ever since then, I swear it traumatized me lol Even with my lift now. I make sure that shit is good before I go under there lol
    Shit man that's terrifying. Glad you were able to save your buddy.

This is one reason I like using the rhino ramps instead of jack stands because the wheels are touching a stable surface instead of being held up in the air. You can even leave the jack holding some of the weight as extra precaution.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post

Exactly. I even put a jack stand under the rack when I'm working, just because.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...354#post521354

You can shove the car around all you want while it's on the quickjack though. It's stable af.

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Reasoned1 View Post
    +1 on the Race Ramps and the QuickJack system. The race ramps are very durable, perfectly sized, and tend not to slip. On the QuickJack, I went with the 7,000 lb model, and it's perfect, too (not too heavy IMO).
    +2 on the Race Ramps. I have them and they work great!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123