Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Would still be interested if they are willing to produce the lip.

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    well I tried to contact a group of guys in Baltimore that have a Youtube channel called "street banditos" whom I believe may also own Industry Garage (online store that sells only an e46 M3 wide body kit). They're a bunch of guys who seem to do quality fabricating from their shop. Their channel features various builds, most notably a full Carbon fiber 240Z. Not wrapped, but with actual custom built carbon fiber panels. I'll link their channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAC...Bbfy7hD4oQzpbA

Anyways, I asked if they're interested in potentially creating a replica of the Garbino lip. Their response was basically that they like the idea but are too busy with trying to finish the 240 by their deadline in Sept, to take on any additional fabrication projects, BUT it may be a possibility in the near future. I'll shoot them a message in a month or so and get an update. For those of you in the Baltimore area, they're having an open house at their shop on Thurs Aug 2 if you want to stop by and represent. I probably wont be able to make it but maybe if multiple people mention the replica, we can sway them!
    Quickjack would be top of my list if were to do a another group buy.
    2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Interlagous Blue | Maritime dash and console trim | 6MT
    UUC short shifter, Euro cats, CSL Euro headers, Evolve CSL Intake and tune, TC Klein Smart Design Double Adjustable Coilovers, Dinan strut brace, CDV Delete, ZHP shift knob, Arkym splitter and spoiler, WPC Bearings, ARP rod bolts, Apex Arc-8, VAC Pump Upgrade, Bluebus

I’d be interested in an all weather floor mat for front seats only. Rears are basically untouched still.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Apparently, there is a lot of interest in this:

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    lol i'm down for the group buy. for 6 drakes, shipping was almost the same as the price.
    Name:  il_fullxfull.1161062172_ow87.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  29.5 KB

Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by FungShui View Post
    Quickjack would be top of my list if were to do a another group buy.
    I saw this a couple days ago and thought of this thread lol

https://slickdeals.net/f/12122965-co...archBarV2Algo1

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post

That is an excellent deal. I paid $1k for my 3500-SLX and it's a touch undersized for the e46. Just annoying enough that I would have happily paid another $100 for the larger 5000-SLX. Anyone that's been considering a quickjack should jump all over this.

Yeah I was tempted lol But I'm pretty sure I would want the beefier version since I do work on SUVs too. Been looking for something I could use to replace the mid-rise lift that I may be selling.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post

Thanks, I just picked one up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Interlagous Blue | Maritime dash and console trim | 6MT
    UUC short shifter, Euro cats, CSL Euro headers, Evolve CSL Intake and tune, TC Klein Smart Design Double Adjustable Coilovers, Dinan strut brace, CDV Delete, ZHP shift knob, Arkym splitter and spoiler, WPC Bearings, ARP rod bolts, Apex Arc-8, VAC Pump Upgrade, Bluebus

I'm working with a manufacturer on pricing for a group buy of big bore throttle bodies because I want one, but not for $350+

Here's my math:

HFM/intake plumbing = 91mm
    Stock throttle body = 68mm
    Bored throttle body = 72mm

So the 72mm diameter throttle body is still a choke point, but we're looking at a 12% increase in area for flow over the stock 68mm. That's significant. It would be extra significant for the FI bois running around here...y'all can mash a good bit more air through a 12% larger window...

What y'all think?

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I'm working with a manufacturer on pricing for a group buy of big bore throttle bodies because I want one, but not for $350+

Here's my math:

HFM/intake plumbing = 91mm
    Stock throttle body = 68mm
    Bored throttle body = 72mm

So the 72mm diameter throttle body is still a choke point, but we're looking at a 12% increase in area for flow over the stock 68mm. That's significant. It would be extra significant for the FI bois running around here...y'all can mash a good bit more air through a 12% larger window...

What y'all think?
    I’d be interested to know how much performance increase that equates to. I remember Rob telling me he had the Dinan throttle body along with Dinan software installed and he was left underwhelmed...

Also, is the throttle a choke point on m54’s? I can’t remember how big or small the intake manifold opening downstream of the throttle is relative to the stock throttle body but if it’s smaller than 72mm then I can’t see the benefit of the bigger throttle body...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

We haven’t done a GB in a while

I noticed no difference whatsoever. Same after I supercharged it. AJ at ESS Tuning said it would add maybe 5 HP with the supercharger...

There were some on e46f FI forum experimenting with throttle bodies from one of the V8s... I can’t remember whether they were successful.
    Stewart is putting out well over 400hp in his wagon and I believe he is using the stock throttle body

If you want the car to breath better, I’d go for headers and cams before a throttle body
    Last edited by Sockethead; 10-17-2018 at 11:20 AM. Reason: auto correct sucks
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast