Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadeez View Post
    Well I've only had the car for ~2 months, installed a week after I bought it. I don't use them a ton either, they are seriously blinding bright at night. So frying the switch would be the issue if there were to be one? I'm not super electrical savvy so any info would be helpful.
    Yup, at least according to that E46f link it's not good for the LCM (lighting control module). When I get my harness I'll do a DIY so you can decide if it's something you want to do. It should be pretty simple. Basically just running a couple of wires from the right side of the engine compartment and down to each light and plugging the harness into your ballasts.

Barry

Sounds pretty easy, and the harness is cheap, I suppose it could be worth it. Keep me posted!
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

ronierogers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadeez View Post
    I installed Xenon M3 fogs from Umnitza in my car and they work beautifully, but they do the same thing you're experiencing when I hit the fog button. The blue brights indicator flashes and it sounds like my stereo cuts out for a brief second as well. I didn't think much of it, and I'll probably just keep it as is, hopefully it's all good. Let us know how it works after you install that harness!

Hi buddy! i would just like to ask what is the function of the part on your left side image. i dont have that one when my friend installed my fog light. what will be also the advantage of having a relay connection? so that connection will be connected directly to the battery is that right? sorry for being noob and sorry for making introductions in here. i am just researching if my friend did it correctly. thanks

I think I'm confused about the question...? The item on the left is the new fog light, item on the right is the ballast. The fog light connects to the ballast which plugs into the terminals in your engine compartment on the passenger side. FYI nothing should ever hook directly to the battery in the trunk. A wiring harness or relay makes it so the power surging through these upgraded lights doesn't fry any stock components not built to handle the power of the aftermarket parts.
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

In short..the white box you have, you have because you have performed the 8tch eye dee conversion. None of us have this white box, stock....with halogens. No?

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by MrMaico View Post
    Yup, at least according to that E46f link it's not good for the LCM (lighting control module). When I get my harness I'll do a DIY so you can decide if it's something you want to do. It should be pretty simple. Basically just running a couple of wires from the right side of the engine compartment and down to each light and plugging the harness into your ballasts.

Barry
    I thought I'd update on what I'm doing.....I received the harness I ordered but wasn't impressed with the quality plus it looks like it might not even be long enough so I ordered one of these from DDM Tuning...

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W

These supposedly draw under 6 amps at startup where the one I have now shows 10 amps. I'm hoping this will take care of the flash from my dash on startup of the fogs. I ordered almost 3 weeks ago and today they tell me it's in customs and should be here in 4 or 5 days.....we'll see. I was leery of ordering from them due to troubles I've read about of other people having with DDM. If this doesn't do the trick I may just end up taking them out. I'd hate to fry my LCM.....especially since I don't have a nearby dealer since I'm pretty sure a new LCM needs to be coded to your car. Not to mention they cost $270!

I tried to find a similar low-draw kit on Ebay but they were all about twice the price of the DDM kit. Wishing now I had just gone that route.

Barry

Do I have to worry about the lcm frying with a 35 watt kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    Do I have to worry about the lcm frying with a 35 watt kit?
    Shouldn't be an issue. The LCM doesn't send pulses to the fog lights (they are not monitored by the CANBUS system). I think that'd be more of a concern with the lights that do get monitored by the hot and cold checks.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Thanks BP!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    Thanks BP!
    No problem, though what I said there isn't proven to be fact, it's just my feelings on the subject. I don't think there is any way to prove whether the mods anyone does to their car kills LCMs; I personally believe the ones that die just die anyway but I have no proof of either side being true.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast