Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Xtrons PE9846BPL 9 inch screen: anybody have it?

If so, how do you like it? Looking for a first hand Mafia member critique as I want to replace my eonon5150 unit

http://xtrons.com/pe9846bpl-android-...-rover-mg.html
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

I have the 7" version and am happy with it. It has the "start up in any random mode" bug that seems to plague these units, but it works fine otherwise. I had my eye on the 9" version but couldn't get over the tablet look and lack of physical controls. I have a similar, buttonless 9" unit in my Mazda, but find that I prefer the knobs and buttons over screen real estate.

Best prices are usually direct from Xtrons on ebay btw

Amazon has the unit for our cars for a little over 300 right now, do they come with the bezel surround?

Can you also install google maps or Waze via a WiFi connection on those units?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Yes you can download and install whatever Android app you want with these units as long as they're running... well... Android.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I’m confused by your statement, will it only run google/Waze if my phone is android?

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I’m confused by your statement, will it only run google/Waze if my phone is android?
    The unit runs an Android-based operating system. Short story, Long, you can install android apps directly into the headunit.

Ok, thanks. I may get this unit and try it out. After 2 years my eonon5150 feel severely outdated

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    The unit runs an Android-based operating system. Short story, Long, you can install android apps directly into the headunit.
    ^^ This.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I would assume this CarPlay additive would work with this 9 inch unit?:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/328267...ni-USB-Carplay

Really contemplating pulling the trigger on this HU with the speaker install approaching

I went ahead and ordered it along with the CarPlay accessory. I’ll wrote up a small review after install

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast