Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

WTB: Apex ARC-8 square setup

Hi Everyone,

Now that I'm almost done refreshing my suspension I'm interested in getting new wheels.
    I was originally going to do a shadow chrome refinish on my m135s, but decided I want a lighter wheel.

I'm after a square setup of the Apex wheels (18x8.5 et38) in hyper black. I don't see them available on their website (1 left in stock)
    I've seen other members having to wait an eternity for theirs?

My thing is, my tires will be due soon and I'd rather buy new wheels and tires instead of new tires for the existing wheels.
    Or would this size tire (245 35 18) fit on the original zhp wheels? if so, I can get tires and once I find the wheels I want, swap them over.
    Any advise would be appreciated !

Did you try contacting Apex to see when more will be available?

Not saying you can’t put the new tires on your 135Ms and then transfer them over, but you’d be paying to balance and mount twice. I’ve also only seen square tires on a staggered set of wheels once in my life, and that was on the E36 LTW.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

My e90 330i had staggered setup, same size as the ZHP setup. I bought the e90 with 245 35 18 on the front wheels, and I didn't have any issues due to that.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Did you try contacting Apex to see when more will be available?

Not saying you can’t put the new tires on your 135Ms and then transfer them over, but you’d be paying to balance and mount twice. I’ve also only seen square tires on a staggered set of wheels once in my life, and that was on the E36 LTW.
    I ran 225's on my winter wheel setup that I got from Rob and Kristen. 18x7 front and 18x8 rear

Get rekt noob
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

If you’re open to silver, Webster has 2 that’s he’s been trying to move for some time. You could probably save a good amount by just grabbing his and then ordering 2 more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How soon is "soon" and where are you located? I have exactly the ARC-8s you're looking for on my ZHP and was thinking of dropping down to 17s. However, they have 235/40/18 Pilot Super Sports with about 7/32 of tread on them now, so you would probably need to be local-ish (I'm in Northern VA) and willing to use those up before switching to your target size for this to make any economic sense.

Quote Originally Posted by seabassx View Post
    How soon is "soon" and where are you located? I have exactly the ARC-8s you're looking for on my ZHP and was thinking of dropping down to 17s. However, they have 235/40/18 Pilot Super Sports with about 7/32 of tread on them now, so you would probably need to be local-ish (I'm in Northern VA) and willing to use those up before switching to your target size for this to make any economic sense.
    I might consider silver, but would rather get my hands on the hyper black.

What condition are they in? And how old are the tires? I’m in San Diego, Ca
    I read this, affordable way to ship wheels. Looks like it would work.

http://nicoclub.com/archives/how-to-...s-cheaply.html

I did hear back from apex and they should have what I want in a couple of months.

Damn, that's about as far away as you could get. I shipped a bunch of wheels back and forth when I was getting my separate winter and summer setups put together and while the advice in that article is all solid and the way I do things, it still comes to $190 to ship to you at a commercial address and $260 for residential (4 packages at 18.5 lbs for wheel + 22 lbs for tire + 1.5 lbs for packaging).

I was hoping you were somewhere on this side of the country, but for this to make sense for me I think you would need to end up spending basically what new wheels would cost plus whatever value for the tires that aren't really what you want, which is obviously crazy.

Damn, that's about as far away as you could get. I shipped a bunch of wheels back and forth when I was getting my separate winter and summer setups put together and while the advice in that article is all solid and the way I do things, it still comes to $190 to ship to you at a commercial address and $260 for residential (4 packages at 18.5 lbs for wheel + 22 lbs for tire + 1.5 lbs for packaging).

I was hoping you were somewhere on this side of the country, but for this to make sense for me I think you would need to end up spending basically what new wheels would cost plus whatever value for the tires that aren't really what you want, which is obviously crazy.
    Yea maybe if you had the tires I wanted it would make sense. Any chance you can post photos of your zhp with the wheels on it?

Shop Advance Auto Parts

I'd check around with Fedex/UPS/etc and see if they'll take two packages at 80lb each. It's usually cheaper that way. I shipped a set of 135's individually wrapped like this via FedEx, but the buyer sent me the labels so I don't know how much it cost:

Quote Originally Posted by d-rod View Post
    Yea maybe if you had the tires I wanted it would make sense. Any chance you can post photos of your zhp with the wheels on it?

235/40r18 is an awesome size on these cars. It's what I have on my arc8's. Fills the wheel well nicely.

The 245/35r18's that you're after would be smaller diameter than OE, so wouldn't fill the wheel well as much and the smaller sidewall would ride rougher.

Edit: more pics for you to get an idea of fitment. bear in mind that these are stretched a bit on 9.5w wheels.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast